• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security 8504, 100 Error

Good Afternoon.

I have update to Windows 10 Pro.  I have received a Norton Security Error 8504,100 after reinstalling the Norton Security .  I have used the nRnR program that I download and run.  After I runned a Full Scan and Optimize the disk, I shut down the computer.  Then I turn it out again and the program does not work.  It looks like it cannot load the Norton Internet Security.  I also tried the Windows 10 Norton Upgrader and no reponse is received.  I think that I actually I don't have any Antivirus,and Internet Security running in this moment.  Any suggestion will be apreciated

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security 8504, 100 Error

Hi Angelo Ramos-He...,

Did you turn off Fast Start-up? If it's on it interferes with the correct working of NIS and other programs.

Please see this post for more details: 

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/windows-881-or-10-and-fast-start-feature

Keep us posted.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Too late to edit my previous post...

I'm not sure if this would fix Error 8504,100 but if turning off Fast Start-up didn't help, you could perhaps try what suggested in point 1) of this thread even if your error code No. is not mentioned?:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/hot-fixes-issues-norton-225215

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

8504,104 errors can indicate some corruption with your installation. The following suggestions have helped in the past.

Try clearing all Windows temp files. Then find the Windows/Prefetch folder and delete all the files in that folder. These files help Windows load programs quickly. They will be recreated when Windows is restarted.

Run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Restart the computer once more. The first restarts may take a little longer as the Prefetch files are recreated.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I had the same problem and I fixed it by turning off Fast Start Up and restart the laptop. Norton was uploaded normally after log in and is working properly.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.