• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security Antispam Toolbar Not Working In Outlook 2010

Using Windows 10 32bit, Outlook 2010. I recently installed Norton Security ver 22.8.0.50. I have used Norton for many years with Outlook. Now when I get a spam email and click the Norton tab in Outlook, the toolbar is there, but none of the buttons work. I click them and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security Antispam Toolbar Not Working In Outlook 2010

First of all who is your email provider? Spam is filter first and foremost at their end. You do not need Outlook 365 since Windows 10 has an email app built in. I never use a 3rd party email go getter. If you use Yahoo just got to Yahoo.com. If you use Gmail go there. I did not know that Outlook 365 was available for download. Are you sure you are not referring to Outlook 365 online? Is Outlook your email address which use to be Hotmail. Yahoo is filled with spam. I use Gmail and never ever get any since Google filters everything. If you are using Office 2010 that means you are using an office suite that is 6 year old. No one needs office anymore. Google Docs takes care of all that. There are also several other free office suites which are more up to date. 

Kudos0

I apologize for being unclear. I am using Outlook 2010 on my PC. Used it for years. I prefer not to use webmails. Norton Security (and previous versions like 360) have always worked with my Outlook. This problem just occurred when I did the last renewal of Norton. Yes my provider (local cablevision) has a spam filter and I use that as well, but some always slip through. This issue is specifically with Norton Security and my PC Based Outlook.

Kudos0

All Outlook does is get your web mail and bring it in. Who is your email provider? Yahoo? Gmail? So you use something like Comcast email? Have you tried using Windows 10 email? Office 2010 is very outdated. I know this does not fix your problem. All email comes via webmail. All Outlook does is go it for you. Did you recently install Norton Security or just got the 22.8 update applied? You can upgrade to Office 2013 for free but that is still very outdated. You can also try to uninstall and reinstall Norton Security. 

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_End...

Kudos0

Hello

I have disabled the Norton Anti-Spam and rely on Office 2013 which includes Outlook 2013. I would say it catches about 98 % of my Spam that makes it thru the ISP filters. I also use the Spam Detector from my ISP. It takes a short training period every month after the monthly Office Updates. Previously, I used an older version of Office. I been using Office since I had to get rid of XP and Outlook Express.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Who is your email provider floplot? I use Gmail and get absolutely NO spam. About 10 years ago I was using Yahoo and got over 20 spam emails a day. Never used Outlook. Never saw the purpose of it. It's mainly for businesses. 

Kudos0

Kudos0

Hello

I have Verizon FIOS.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I'm not sure what happened. Microsoft did an update and now Norton Toolbar is working fine. I must comment on the suggestions I received. I'm sure you all meant well, but you did nothing to assist me with the exception of one suggestion to reinstall Norton. While it didn't fix the problem it was the only one that was constructive. The rest of you seemed intent on things like trying to get me to change the Email Client I use and offering silly questions about my internet provider, neither of which have anything to do with the problem at hand. Yes the ISP has a spam filter and Yes I use it as well as the one that "comes with Norton Security". That never was the issue. Norton Security's spam filter used in Outlook (on the PC) is a secondary backup in case the ISP filter fails. Again, all of which wasn't the problem. Comments like "Never used Outlook. Never saw the purpose of it." suggest that you probably shouldn't have answered this thread. Statements like "I have disabled the Norton Anti-Spam and rely on Office 2013 which includes Outlook 2013." again tell me that you don't belong in this thread. If Norton wanted you disable their filter why would they include it? Office 365 if fine if you have it. GMail and anything Google sucks (especially for business) IMO. I've used them and hated them. I like being able to store past emails, appointments, etc. on my PC or laptop in case the web mail server goes down and I happen to need to review the history. So again, I'm sure you meant well but far as the help I'm afraid you get an F.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.