• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Is Norton Security Deluxe the same as Norton Security 22.5.4.24?

I can download Norton Security Deluxe here but is it the same I have installed now on my PC?

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Is Norton Security Deluxe the same as Norton Security 22.5.4.24?

The download calls NS-TW-22.5.0.124-EN-US... 123MB's
Then run Live Update as required to bring current.
http://us.norton.com/norton-security-downloads-trial

I recall one message where Trial was not 100% functional vs. subscription.
I think you can Trial wo Norton account and I imagine Trial is one device. 
Lets hear from Community.
http://us.norton.com/products

Kudos1 Stats

Norton Security Standard is for 1 PC or Mac

Norton Security Deluxe is for 5 devices (computers, tablets and smartphones)

Norton Security Premium is for 10 devices (computers, tablets and smartphones)

Here is a comparison chart: http://us.norton.com/norton-security-for-one-device

So there is no difference between Norton Security and Deluxe. Except Deluxe can work on and manage mobile devices. If you don't plan on using Norton Security on mobile devices there's no point in having Deluxe.

Premium sounds more like Norton Security with Backup. Also if you go to https://us.norton.com and hover over products. You'll see that Norton Security with Backup is not listed anymore. So I guess the new NSwB is Norton Security Premium.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.17.x
Kudos1 Stats

Yes, Norton Security Premium is a rename of Norton Security with Backup.

I guess this is the new 2016 release which is just a name change.

Jim

Kudos1 Stats

Yes they are the same but will differ in number of seats. I don't understand why you put the version in your question, regardless of what version you using, Norton Security Deluxe and Norton Security is the same. The word "Deluxe" means the number of seats you have with your product, in this case Deluxe is good for 5 seats or downloads. Premium is for 10 seats or downloads. Standard is for 1 seat.
Kudos1 Stats

arjohn

The word "Deluxe" means the number of seats you have with your product, in this case Deluxe is good for 5 seats or downloads. Premium is for 10 seats or downloads. Standard is for 1 seat.

According to the comparative table linked to by bjm there is more difference than just the number of seats -- Only Premium includes Cloud storage backup for example if I read it correctly plus another difference that of which the wording doesn't explain anything to me!

Hugh
Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Hello

The Norton Security Deluxe is a rename for Norton Security. Norton Security Premium is a rename for Norton Security with Backup.

Norton Security Standard is Norton Security for 1 device.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos1 Stats

Hello

Norton Security Deluxe does not have to be used on mobiles. It can be used on up to 5 pc's if you want. Norton Security Deluxe is no different from what we know now as Norton Security. It can be used on mobiles if you want or it can be used on any combination of up to 5 devices.

The only difference with Premium is the number of seats gets raised up to 10 seats plus it has the backup feature which can be backed up to the cloud or local for instance to a backup external drive. I think you get 25 gig space to use.

Standard, Deluxe and Premium are supposed to be an easier way to identify the products but are no different to the way we had/have been referring to the products.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

Thanks for all replies, I was a bit confused with all these names changing.. :)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.