• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

norton security deluxe version 3.0 / 22.10.1.10 - licenses

I recently found in an online store norton security deluxe 3.0 antivirus. I want to find out if there is a difference between it and norton security deluxe version 22 which is now the only version available for download from the norton site. Can I use a NS 3.0 license to activate NS 22?Thank you.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: norton security deluxe version 3.0 / 22.10.1.10 - licenses

Hi alexdima,

I will admit I am not familiar with Norton Security Deluxe Version 3.0/22.10.1.10 however what I have been able to find online about it appears the product is for MAC - not PC's. 

NS Deluxe Version 22 from Norton is in fact for MACs/PCs/Mobile devices.

My guess is that a "for MAC only license" will not activate the product from Norton.

Also while searching I found Version 3.0 also appears to be only a European Region license. 

Kudos0

Thanks, anyway I would like a more precise answer from a norton expert if possible.

Kudos2 Stats

I'm not a Norton expert so, take my reply for what it's worth. 
Some online stores used v2.0 and now may use v3.0. 

There is no difference. 
Norton Security Deluxe v3.0 installed & updated = Norton Security Deluxe 22.10.1.10

Norton Security v22.x was first released in 2014
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_Security
Norton Security v2.0 last year = 2014 + 2 years
Norton Security v3.0 as deemed by online store = 2014 + 3 years

I asked an online vendor last year why they use v2.0 and was told because v2.0 is on the box.
I asked Norton Official Support last year why online stores used v2.0 and was told v2.0 was equal to v22.x once installed & updated.  

Personally, I'd like to see year.month.x designation for example...2017.9.x etc.  Just me.

Please Chat with Official Norton Support to verify license & for any license query.

Please post link to online store showing v3.0
Please deal with reputable vendor.
Thanks

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.