• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security disabling Quicken 2016 on Quicken update 10 install

I installed the brand new update 10 to Quicken 2016 this morning and within a minute Norton Security sonar quarantined qw.exe, which is necessary for Quicken to work.  From posts on Quicken's website others are experiencing the same issue.  Intuit claims it has examined the file and it contains no malware.  

On discovering that Norton had quarantined the file rather than deleting it,"good" I thought, I'll just restore it.  But when using the restore routine and browsing to the folder where the file should be restored and clicking "OK," Norton does not restore the file as it should.  It just jumps back to the first window that opens asking you to designate the restore location.  Arrrgggggggggg!

Clay

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security disabling Quicken 2016 on Quicken update 10 install

You should not have to browse to restore. Just restore then exclude it,. 

Kudos0

Norton indicates the threat is SONAR.AM.Clg1. I tried the restore function and the dialog box that opens does not restore even when correctly entering the correct folder,

Accepted Solution
Kudos2 Stats

Both Norton and Intuit are aware of this problem.  Following the material in this link resolved the issue for me:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/resolution-norton-antivirus-incorrectly-shows-qu...

Clay

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.