• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security for Mac Branding 7.1.0 Update Failed

For three days Live Update has indicated that it has failed to install update titled Norton Security for Mac Branding 7.1.0.  How do I resolve this?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security for Mac Branding 7.1.0 Update Failed

Dear @glyerla,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

This issue is resolved by now. Could you please confirm? In case you have issues, please let me know.

Thanks

Rajesh

Kudos0

Live update failed to install the Norton Security for Mac Branding 7.1.0 again yesterday.  Today, it does not generate an error message about a failure to install it, but the activity log does not indicate any successful or failed attempt.  Please let me know what I need to do.

Kudos1 Stats

Dear @glyerla,

I would like to understand, if you are seeing any problem with update even after restarting your machine.

To analyze more into this, could you please follow the steps below and share the requested output with me.

1. Download the tool from here:ftp://ftp.symantec.com/misc/tools/mactools/GatherSymantecInfo.zip
  2. After download, with the file on the Mac client where you are facing these issues, double-click on the file to expand it. It will contain the GatherSymantecInfo.command file as well as a folder called SupportFiles.
  3. Double-click on GatherSymantecInfo.command. It will open a Terminal window.
  4. Enter your administrator password (it will not echo on-screen) and press Enter.
  5. Gathering information... message will appear.
  6. When it completes to run, you can find SymantecInfo.zip archive under Desktop directory.

Please send out an email id to rajesh_sankaran@symantec.com with the collected logs and I will connect with you ASAP.

Thanks

Rajesh

Kudos0

Yesterday, I uninstalled Norton Security and reinstalled it.  I have not encountered any problems.  I assume the fresh install should be good.  Let me know if you agree.

I am reluctant to provide all of the info you requested unless the problem reappears.

Thanks,

Kudos0

Dear @glyerla,

Thank you for your update.

Happy to hear that the problem is resolved! Please touch-base with me in case you have any issues in future.

Thanks

Rajesh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.