The Norton Security Icon in the Mac Icon bar used to be able to open the app. Although it opens with the app name, the app does not open. Worked previously. Running Yosemite
Same problem for me -- also cannot update virus definitions today.
I have asked this thread be moved to the Mac board for better exposure to Mac users.
My clients and I are having the same issue. The problem is occurring with both 10.9x (Mavericks) and 10.10 (Yosemite).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Click on Norton Icon in Menu Bar.
2. Click on Open Norton Security
3. Nothing happens, Norton Security Fails to open.
Version 6.1.1 Build 7
1. MacBook Pro 13 inch Mid 2012, i7 Processor, 16gb ram
2. MacBook Pro 15 inch Mid 2012, i7 Processor, 16gb ram
3. Macbook Pro 15 inch Mid 2014 Retina, i7 Processor, 16gb ram
Interestingly Norton Security worked correctly on a new Mid 2014 iMac and an Mid 2012 Macbook Air.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Norton. Unfortunately, the Menu Bar is still inoperative.
I'm trying to get this thread moved to the Mac board for better exposure. Sorry, we don't know anything about Macs.
If you are experiencing an issue that needs urgent assistance please visit our customer support area:
There are currently 2 users online.