• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security takes minutes to respond to Windows Defender Security Center as of 1803

Since upgrading Win10 to build 1803 I have noticed that Norton is taking an awfully long time responding to the Security Center as illustrated in the attached screen capture.

My machine has 32GB of RAM and an -7-8700K CPU running at 3.70GHz. There really should be no excuse for Norton Security to take MINUTES longer to respond to the Security Senter than Microsoft's Windows Defender does.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security takes minutes to respond to Windows Defender Security Center as of 1803

I've noticed this, too. It's Microsoft dragging the chain in gathering info.

Nothing to do with Norton.

If you check Control Panel > Security and Maintenance, and Norton is listed, then don't worry about what Defender Security Centre is telling you.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

Re: Norton Security takes minutes to respond to Windows Defender Security Center as of 1803

The problem is during that 2 min wait for Windows Defender Security Center to update, Security and Maintenance will not show anything. The delay is the population of the Security window. 

Jim 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.