• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton security toolbar 2017.9.0.2 disabled on mozilla firefox

My Norton 360 product just updated to and now Firefox has disabled Norton security toolbar 2017.9.0.2 stating it "...could not be verified..." . Is anyone else having this issue and is this a known issue that is being worked on ? Thanks in advance !

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton security toolbar 2017.9.0.2 disabled on mozilla firefox

Have you restarted your computer after the update to your 360?

What is the current version of your 360?

It is working fine on my Win 10 system. 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hey Pete,

I took a couple of restarts but it is back. I don't know if it was just a one off thing or something I haven't noticed with previous updates. Thanks a lot for your response. I always get great feedback and help from these forums !

Kudos1 Stats

Hello PhilipS1

Please make sure you got all of the updates. After restarting, there were more updates to get before you had the whole new version. The new version is 22.9.1.12.

Thanks. 

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi Floplot,

Yep I have the latest version. Thanks for the reply !!!!

Kudos0

Hi PhilipS1-

What Firefox version are you using and are you using 32-bit or 64-bit?  Have you tried closing all Firefox windows, running LiveUpdate, and launching Firefox again?  Sounds likely that you have, but just wanted to be sure.

The latest Firefox Norton Security Toolbar extension version is 2017.9.1.6.  You may confirm that LiveUpate delivered the correct updated file by checking files here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\<Norton Product Name>\Engine\22.9.1.12\exts

In that folder you should have a March 16 2017 timestamped "firefox.xpi" file.

Let us know what you find on your system, thanks!

Kudos0

I just noticed Norton Security Toolbar 2017.9.1.7 is disabled in my Mozilla Firefox 51.0.1.

I then did a NS Live Update. Then looked in Programs Files as mentioned above and found in Engine\22.9.1.12\exts\firefox.xpi. It is dated 3-24-2017, 4:30 AM.

And of course the Safe Search has also disappeared.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.