• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security on Windows Server 2012 R2 (home pc)

Hello,

I'm using the lastest Windows Server 2012R2 as my home PC (I have a legit MSDN license).

Windows client and server editions are very the same. Will NS work on a server OS?

Thx. 

Labels: Installation

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton Security on Windows Server 2012 R2 (home pc)

No.  Norton products aren't designed to work on servers.

Here are the System Requirements.

System Requirements

Operating Systems Supported

• Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 3 (SP 3) or later
  • Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later
  • Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later
  • Microsoft Windows 8/8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1/8.1 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • Current and previous two versions of Mac OS® X
  • Android™ 2.3 or later (must have the Google™ Play app installed)
  • iOS® 6 or later

You are of course welcome to try it but don't be surprised if it doesn't work as expected.

You might be better off with a Symantec product.

https://www.symantec.com/products-solutions/

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

I have Server 2012 R2 installed with Norton Security 2016 installed on a laptop.  It does work for the most part, but Identity Safe refuses to allow login (shows Restart required indefinitely).

Kudos0

@BillWick:

You may consider using Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition on your server. For reason, please take a look at this help page as well.

For more info, you may Chat with Norton Support.

Please post back if this or any other comment solves your problem. THX...

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Kudos0

Norton Security is for home users and was not designed for servers. Symantec Endpoint was. Therefore that is the antivirus you should be using. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.