• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Toolbar causing instability/slow startup of Firefox 16.02

As the title suggests, I'm having issues with the Norton Toolbar. It starts out okay, but after a couple of Live Updates, the problem starts cropping up. Basically, when I start Firefox, it will take about 30 seconds for the default page to load. The toolbar shows up with words only--buttons are blank--unti it finally loads. If I disable the Norton Toolbar, the behavior stops immediately.  This is also the first time I've had this happen. Troubleshooting steps I've already taken include uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox, as well as Norton Internet Security. Reinstalling Firefox does not help, but reinstalling Norton helps temporarily until LiveUpdate is used. Afterwards, the only way to stop it is to reinstall or disable the toolbar. I've tried this on the same machine with a clean install and it still eventually happens. FWIW IPS works fine and doesn't cause an issue Here's some supporting info:

Norton Internet Security 20.2.0.19

Firefox 16.02

Windows 8 Pro x64

Norton toolbar 2013.2.0.18

Let me know if more info is needed.

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 -- NIS 21.3.0.12; MBAM Pro (non realtime); SAS Pro(non realtime)

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar causing instability/slow startup of Firefox 16.02

Never mind. I somehow missed the other thread that details a supposed fix. I tried it, and it appears to work, at least for now.

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 -- NIS 21.3.0.12; MBAM Pro (non realtime); SAS Pro(non realtime)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.