• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Toolbar Not Compatible With Firefox 34.0.5

I have seen other threads about this problem and the answer is usually the link to the Product announcement update saying it is now compatible. But the announcement doesn't actually give a link to the update.  How can I update this to a compatible version?

My add-on menu just says Norton Toolbar 2015.1.0.24 isn't compatible and I don't understand how to make it compatible.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Not Compatible With Firefox 34.0.5

Hi djr2015,

The update for the Firefox Norton Toolbar browser add-on is available via LiveUpdate.  You need to run LiveUpdate rebooting if requested) until LiveUpdate responds with the exact words "No updates found", then verify that the correct NTB version per the Product Update announcement is present and enabled.

If no joy a bit more info is needed for us to assist you - what is your operating system, your Norton product name and version (Support > About) .

I'm guessing you are on one of the new Norton Security products with a 2015 NTB version number.  My NSBU version 22.1.0.9, running FF 34.0.5 has NTB version 2015.2.0.013, so it appears you are behind on updates to the NTB.

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar Not Compatible With Firefox 34.0.5

yank:

Hi djr2015,

The update for the Firefox Norton Toolbar browser add-on is available via LiveUpdate.  You need to run LiveUpdate rebooting if requested) until LiveUpdate responds with the exact words "No updates found", then verify that the correct NTB version per the Product Update announcement is present and enabled.

If no joy a bit more info is needed for us to assist you - what is your operating system, your Norton product name and version (Support > About) .

I'm guessing you are on one of the new Norton Security products with a 2015 NTB version number.  My NSBU version 22.1.0.9, running FF 34.0.5 has NTB version 2015.2.0.013, so it appears you are behind on updates to the NTB.

Hi Yank,

Perhaps that is my problem, am running Firefox 36.0.5 and my Norton 360 is 21.6.0.32 with a toolbar of 2014.7.10.12.  Have checked and have the latest Firefox, the latest 360 as well as the latest toolbar since I have updated until it stops.   The new problem is worse than when the dropdowns simply stopped working after a little time and now after a little time clicking on the dropdown crashes Firefox almost everytime so essentially I'm back to not being able to change my passwords. 

A fine kettle of fish you've gotten me into Ollie (Norton)!!

I;ve posted the norton files that are causing the crashes and haven't had any responses on two threads.  Need to get those files to Norton and see what they can figure out since we are now over a year into this issue!!!!!

Please, please, please help!!!!!!!!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.