• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Vault not opening - tried both on NIS and N360

Hi,

I currently use a Dell Inspiron 15R SE with Windows 8.1. I have Norton Internet Security installed. Till yesterday the Norton vault has been working just fine. Today morning, all of a sudden it stopped working and didn't allow me to log in even after entering the password. It just keeps saying that validating my password and stays there.

I thought may be its an update and i need to restart. Did that but nothing changed. Also, tried logging out of Vault completely and then re-logging into my email account. Still couldn't go past the Vault password stage.

I tried Auto Fix, didn't help. Tried reinstalling. Didn't help. Finally removed everything using Norton removal Tool and then reinstalled and it worked fine. But all my settings were lost and i had to reconfigure the whole of Norton. Identity Safe worked fine though after all of this and spending more than 3 hours behind it.

Inspiron 15R SE, Windows 8.1 x64, Core i5, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, 120GB mSATA SSD

Now, in the evening, when my wife tried logging into Norton Vault on her machine (Studio 1558, Windows 7 x64) which has Norton 360 installed, it had the same issue. I didn't had the patience to go through the whole process again, so am wondering if Norton has a solution to all this?

I believe other users are also experiencing similar or other issues with Identity safe, may be due to a Norton update which broke something.

Please advise.

Thank You.

Labels: Login

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Vault not opening - tried both on NIS and N360

Try this method, it worked for me after many weeks of ID Safe login problems w/ N360 on Win 8.1:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/simple-workaround-norton-id-safe-...

Win 8.1 x 64_ i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz_32GB Ram_NSBU v. 22.11.2.7_Free MBAM/MBAE_FFox v.57.0 (64-bit)_Chrome _Fast Startup is OFF.
Kudos0

Hello

You should be backing up your identity safe every time you make a change to the safe. The backup should be to a place outside of your Norton product so that you can then import those files back into the program when you have to reinstall the program or in case something goes wrong with an update.

The problem you and your wife were experiencing might have been due to a server having a problem. Another thing you can do is to sign out of your Norton Account and then back in again. This sometimes fixes some problems.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I am experiencing this same issue and fortunately I do back up my identity safe.  Is it coincidence that this is happening to multiple people at the same time?  I have tried rebooting my computer, logging out of my Norton account and logging back in and just about everything else I can think of short of removing and reinstalling 360.

Kudos0

Hello Smedley

You could try reinstalling N360 with the remove and reinstall tool if you have backed up your identity files and know how to reinstall them back.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

www.norton.com/nrnr

A lot of people seem to be having a problem with the vault, especially the one that is in the cloud.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thank you RK_L, but the solution does not seem to be working for me.

Even if i log out completely out of Identity Safe and re-login, still its the same issue for the Vault.

Kudos0

Thank you floplot, but the issue does not seem to be a server issue as i was able to login after reinstalling the whole Norton Internet Security. If it would have been a server issue, it should have been persistent irrespective of me reinstalling the software.

I tried signing out of the Norton account and it does not help.

I believe its an update which is breaking things for Identity Safe. That is also why so many users are facing similar problems, but with a slightly different behavior.

Sorry if i didn't clarify, but i do keep the backups of Vault which are automatically stored in the system drive. The time consuming part is to define the firewall rules for the programs as removing the software removes everything and there is no separate removal tool for the Vault alone.

Thank You for the advice though :)

Kudos0

i know this dosn`t realy help but my identity safe was down over the weekend, but it is working again now ,once i knew other people had the same problem i wasn`t that worried .just be patient it will come right .by the way all my important passwords  are written in a book with a pen ,not on some fail regular system .i think i should put the norton community password in my little book .

Kudos0

Hi,

Is there a solution now for this problem or is it a difficult one since the issue still persists?

Cheers.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.