Norton VPN safety status - India only
Posted: 06-Jun-2022 | 8:49PM · 5 Replies · Permalink
I have doubts regarding the safety of VPNs in sight of recent laws enacted by GoI. As per the latest laws VPN companies offering services in India as required to store user data for 5 years.
The directive issued by the government mandates VPN providers to maintain the following data as part of the know your customer (KYC) policy for five years –
- Validated name of subscriber
- Period of hire
- IPs allotted to the subscriber
- Email address, IP address and time stamp used at the time of registration.
- Purpose of hiring services
- Validated address and contact numbers
- Ownership pattern of the subscribers
Till now Norton claims to be a no-log VPN. Would its' policies change? Would we be able to connect to Indian locations hereafter anonymously?
Re: Norton VPN safety status - India only
Posted: 07-Jun-2022 | 10:36PM · Permalink