• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton's identity protection and firefox 14.0.1

When will Norton's Identity Protection be compatible with FireFox 14.0.1 and how will we get notified?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton's identity protection and firefox 14.0.1

When will Norton's Identity Protection be compatible with FireFox 14.0.1 and how will we get notified?

Kudos0

dacman wrote:

Hi,

It is compatible now. All it took for me to get mine back was to update FF and then reboot the system.

Keep us posted

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

Firefox 14 compatibility patch will support 14.0.1 also. We released FF patch for major releases (e.g.FF13,FF14 etc). If Firefox releases minor update like 14.0.1 or 14.0.x then this patch will support minor updates.

Thanks,

Senthil.

Kudos0

I tried that.  I updated FF, rebooted and then checked FF's Tools-Add ons extensions and got the screen I've attached to this message.  I wasn't allowed to attach a .jpg to show you the screen that resulted.  It displayed this message:  "Norton Toolbar is incompatible with Firefox 14.0.1"  "Norton Toolbar 20011.7.8.3 (disabled).  Last Updated Wednesday, July 18, 2012 

Suggestions?

Kudos0

Hi desman,

to post a screen shot you need to click the tree icon.  For more information please see this post by Yaso_Kuuhl.

If you haven't received the patch yet,  keep trying to run Live Update and rebooting until no more updates are available and check Firefox Extensions again.

Dave.

Windows 10 x64 1909
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I'm sorry guys.  My bad.  I should have remembered from times in the past to run a Norton Live Update.  I had to do it 3 times and reboot 3 times but now every thing is fine.  I'm embarrased.

Oh, and windows had a couple of updates that had been downloaded but not applied too.  So I'm sure that played a part as well.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Problem solved - short between the headset corrected.

Kudos0

WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING FOR ME !!!

I have updated and rebooted a dozen times or more, but the toolbar never comes back.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.