• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NPE 0x80004005 error & Backdoor.Adwind Virus

I have Norton 360 for many years. But since last 3 days I have virus on my computer and Norton gives Backdoor.Adwind warnings many time. When I run NPE, NPE gives "0x80004005,n5,nC0" error.

Even I connected at least 4-5 times to supporters, last one said that it will be solved in the next update version of NPE.

On the other hand, how can I be sure that my system is exactly cleaned (Virus team work for it but later on this virus downloads itself again and again). How can I get rid of this virus?

Pc infected with a mail and attached rar file(inside .jar file), which is Backdoor virus.

File Attachment: 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NPE 0x80004005 error & Backdoor.Adwind Virus

Sounds like a very persistent infection.

If you want to ensure yours system is clean, I would suggest you sign up at one of the free Malware Removal sites below. Do not try to do anything on your own as it could make things harder for the Malware Removal expert at that site to help you. Choose one and stay there until your system is clean.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/
http://forums.whatthetech.com/
http://qmalwareremoval.freeforums.net/

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

@Fezi: Meantime, please send the log to Symantec Employee for further analysis. To get NPE log, try these steps: try re-running NPE (build ver info = 5.2.0.9 at the time of re-updating this thread) > Setting > hit the below 3 dots icon under Log Settings > you'd be good to go.

please update this thread and/or contact Norton Support if you still have trouble locating the said NPE folder.

More, I checked dll-repair.com: it contains nonsense items/posts on the site from Beijing VSK Soft Development Co.,Ltd. Hacked, spam or sth. Leave that site & its product/download (sha256, 070d1a3b29c306c36d3a7152b577a282f167caa6e087cc8566d643d653e45f43) alone.

And, seems that your Windows Defender has been disabled or you're having trouble using Windows Defender - try re-enabling then repairing it manually and check it later.

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Kudos0

And, seems that your Windows Defender has been disabled or you're having trouble using Windows Defender - try re-enabling then repairing it (link is external) manually and check it later.

It is normal for Windows Defender to be disabled with 360 installed.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

@Peterweb: I Googled that error msg İstek desteklenmiyor ("The request is not supported", according to Google Translate), then I got extra info (0x80070032) re that "The request is not supported".

Then, @Fezi, if I may ask:

1. were you trying to back up your system or downloading something from the Internet? If so, the disc/target had been blocked by Windows Defender. Meantime, please try repairing your Windows account.

Moreover, are you still using or running more than one real-time type antivirus/ anti-malware product? If so, keep your Norton 360, and uninstall other security program temporarily for troubleshooting purposes.

Really new to Turkish, plz feel free to correct me. Below are some related OPs on the Web:

Make sure you contact Norton Support before you take actions to format your system and/or reinstall your Windows. 

PS: I too detected CompuClever's app on your computer, plz check your programs list, uninstall PC TuneUp MaestroPC Clean Maestro if you find one of em' later. My personal recommendation is NOT to bother using such driver/"errorshooter"/driver update/ registry scanner snake oil.

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Kudos0

Hello Numbers

If the original poster went to one of the recommended free malware removal sites, they are not allowed to do any of the stuff you have recommended. They can only get help from the expert they are working with at the malware removal site. They can not get any help from us either until their computer has been declared as clean. If they do get help from some place else, then they are on their own as far as the malware removal site is concerned..

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.