• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NS 7.01 (Mac) keeps asking to add applications already set to allow on application blocking list

I would appreciate suggestions. Already tried clean install of program

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NS 7.01 (Mac) keeps asking to add applications already set to allow on application blocking list

Find another antivirus app...

Sorry for the glib response, but I too have this and other issues with the current version of NAV/NS.

SymDaemon - thrashing the CPU

Users need to have admin rights to accept activity/blocking saves - this is a really neat feature... NOT

The app locks out during scans and needs to be uninstalled to clear the problem... Nice!

I have run NAV for 18 + years on my Macs and this version has to be the biggest load of shite Norton have ever released, the forums have many issues reported, yet they do nothing about it, yay go Norton!  Next time try testing the product before releasing, I've never seen such a poor attempt at a release candidate, shame on your developers and testers

Kudos0

Re: NS 7.01 (Mac) keeps asking to add applications already set to allow on application blocking list

Pinging in for the same problem. Had to disable Application Blocking for now.

Kudos0

Hi Abre

SymDaemon issue has already being flagged https://community.norton.com/en/forums/symdaemon-frying-my-cpu

Regarding the "add applications already set to allow on application blocking list", I would suggest talking to support so they can properly troubleshoot and if required raise an internal bug. Please let us know if you get updates from Norton Support on this

Thanks

Kudos0

Well NewUser_ thank you for that sage advice...

I've had 3 calls with Norton support and each time they have left my Macs in a worse state than when we started.  They've taken logs and listened intently to the issues this shite software has created, supervisors have called me back, but done absolutely NOTHING to fix the problems.

Norton Anti Virus 7 is the biggest load of steaming shite ever dumped on users.

The SysDaemon issue was apparently fixed on the previous version of NAV.  Interesting, software developers tend to learn by their mistakes and not reintroduce them in new versions... thats the whole point of development.  So turning off application functionality (Quick Scan) is not a fix.  Deinstalling and moving to Kasperski Lab is a fix.

Kudos0

Anther week of Norton saying give us another week "we're working hard to resolve the issues" that's finally blown it for me after being a customer for 18+ years. I've now installed Bitdefender across my 5 Macs and whilst it's not perfect (doesn't have a scheduler) it uses far less CPU, it doesn't stop me working and it found a virus on 1 Mac that Norton hadn't picked up, win win for me.  I'd suggest any other pissed off Mac users give Bitdefender a look see.

Bye Bye Norton :o)

Kudos0

I am having the same issue.   Watching the Forum for an answer.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.