• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NSwB 22.5.0.124 - IDSafe no longer works for direct Community login...

Received the latest dreadnought from Shiva (via Liveupdate).  Can no longer use IDSafe to login to Community with any of the three supported browsers (FF, IE11-for-Win8.1, Chrome).

Must first log into the Norton Account website (login.norton.com),
Then navigate to the desired Community forum,
Then click the Login button of the forum webpage...

Please tell me this is not the new (and intended method) for accessing the Community?

Oh, and BTW - Trying to login to the Community without first logging into the Norton Account website yields the following blank stare in both Chrome and Firefox...

Attempting the login with IE adds an additional "initial treat" before giving the same blank stare ...

I've never experienced an IE (presumably) component crash until receiving this latest Norton update...

Thanks for showing me new and never-before-seen sights over-which I can marvel...

Funny - All this was working properly only a few minutes ago - and then I made the mistake of allowing it to talk to Symantec/Norton (Live_Shiva)... 

Oh - BTW - Outlook is also hosed (again, thanks to v22.5) - but I'll post about that over in the NS arena...

Keep up the good work!  

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NSwB 22.5.0.124 - IDSafe no longer works for direct Community login...

Kudos0

I saw that earlier this morning bjm_

Have to wonder if anyone bothered testing it to see if still worked with IDSafe? My assumption is no... 

Cheers!

Kudos0

Oh, OK.  My email is same so, just had to sign in to my Norton account. 

Kudos0

My email was the same too - just different PWs ...

Kudos0

Hello

No more separate password for the Forum. Norton Account remains open while you are logged into the Forum..

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I know Flo - but it wouldn't it also be nice if the updated IDSafe still filled-in the login fields?

Kudos0

avjohnnie:

My email was the same too - just different PWs ...

me too...as floplot wrote:  Norton account creds auto filled and I was Log'd In. (caveat = KeyPass)
Community password is N/A 

Kudos0

Okay - so I take it that I'm the only one for whom the IDSafe is no longer filling the login fields...

Did you have to reinstall the .124 update (ala NRT/New copy grab from Manage site) like we all had to do with .120 update or are you running successfully on the Live_Shiva installation?

Kudos0

floplot:   Norton Account remains open while you are logged into the Forum..

R U sure...?

Kudos0

avjohnnie:

Okay - so I take it that I'm the only one for whom the IDSafe is no longer filling the login fields...

Well, I use KeyPass and flo doesn't use ID Safe as I recall.  
Edit: tested ID Safe for Norton account from IE.  Autofill OK. 

Kudos0

Hello

I would suggest that if you ever have to use NRT, to first uninstall using the Control Panel method and then use NRT.

I haven't logged out of the Forum to check and see if mynortonaccount remains open. I haven't had to use this new SSO yet since it just started this afternoon, I believe.

bjm is correct. I don't use ID Safe with my NS 22.5.0.124.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos3 Stats

Thanks for the info bjm_,

So I go back to my original statement - I wonder if anyone (at Norton) actually tested this with their own IDSafe product?

I think I can say with some degree of certainty, I very strongly doubt it ...

And the same conviction goes for the Anti-Spam interface for Outlook, which by the way is now even worse (if you can imagine that) than it was previously with the borked .120 release.  Now (with .124) it also borks the Outlook MS Live services connector (for pre-2013 Outlook versions) so if you use, say, Outlook2007, or Outlook2010 with @live.com, @outlook.com, or @hotmail.com accounts, they're toasted too. 

Kudos0

Edit: tested ID Safe for Norton account from IE.  Autofill OK.

Kudos2 Stats

Hi John,

I did some tests on my 124 install which was updated from 120 this AM.  I did not run the NRT, nor download 120 from Norton Management as a work around a few days ago - but rather just sat here with the 120 waiting to see what happened.

• I logged out of the Norton Community while signed into my NA on the NSBU UI, I logged into my Online ID SAFE and it auto-filled my Norton Community.
  • I then logged out of NA via the Sign Out on the NSBU UI (upper right hand corner).  At this time the Vault is Open changed to Vault is closed, but I remained logged into the Norton Community.
  • I then logged out of the Norton Community and then selected the Sign In on the community and I was requested to pro9vde the password for my Norton Account, filled it in manually and I was back logged into the Community - but the Vault still showed closed.
  • At that point I quit - I'll let someone else test with the Local Vault, as in my mind I think the above is correct - LOL!
Kudos0

My ID safe was kinda buggy had to manually login to facebook but other sites worked like hotmail and such

Kudos0

Hi John

It is possible that your existing ID safe saved login for the community may have the wrong URL now that the login is done through the Norton Account login system. Were you offered to save a login when you first logged in the new way?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos2 Stats

peterweb:

Hi John

It is possible that your existing ID safe saved login for the community may have the wrong URL now that the login is done through the Norton Account login system. Were you offered to save a login when you first logged in the new way?

I thought that might be it, so before I ever posted about my .124 "observations and experiences", I deleted the old Community login from the IDSafe - still didn't work. So I deleted everything in the IDSafe referencing anything to do with a Norton or Symantec website.  I then visited the Norton Management website; manually entered my credentials; got prompted by the IDSafe to save the credentials (I have Ask to save set); and was then logged in to the site (all as expected, based on past version experiences); I then logged out of the site and navigated away to my home webpage.  Next I navigated back to the Norton Management website and the IDSafe filled the login fields (as expected)...  So far, so good...  Then I logged out of the Management website (again) and navigated to the online IDSafe website - the IDSafe filled the login fields (as expected) and logged me in (no need to create a new login - the one previously created for the Management site also worked for the IDsafe website (again, as expected)... Again all good...  So I logged out of the IDSafe site and navigated to the Community home page (https://community.norton.com/en) and clicked the login link - Now this portal, though identical in appearance and bearing the exact same URL domain root did not auto-fill.  So I manually entered my credentials - and was not prompted by the IDSafe to save this new credential - but I was logged in to the Community using my manually entered credential - still with me, so far?  I logged out of the Community; navigated away to homepage; navigated back to the Community home page; clicked the login link; the portal appeared; it was not filled by IDSafe; and so the infinite loop of the IDSafe not working with the Community portal...

Whether it's the new portal, the .124, the combo of the two, or a full moon over Borneo, I really can't say - but what I can say is - it simply no longer works.

I get the exact same response (Community login portal not working with IDSafe) regardless of which brand browser I use...

And these are all the same sites that were all working this morning before getting this worthless .124 POS.

Kudos0

And oh BTW...  As long as .124 remains installed I get the IE component crash when I click on any login link on the Community website.  It doesn't happen if I uninstall .124 ...  It doesn't happen on any other Norton website that uses the login portal...  The Community is the only site (thus far) that causes the IE crash, and then only if I attempt to login to the website (using IE) ...

Cheers!

Kudos0

avjohnnie:

Thanks for the info bjm_,

So I go back to my original statement - I wonder if anyone (at Norton) actually tested this with their own IDSafe product?

I think I can say with some degree of certainty, I very strongly doubt it ...

[...]

I agree; Identity Safe autofill isn't working for me either under Norton Internet Security 21.7.0.11.

Until Symantec gets this issue resolved, here is a "business as usual" workaround URL that you can use with Identity Safe to log in to the Norton Community:

[Edit: removed link]

Kudos0

Thanks elsewhere,

elsewhere:

I agree; Identity Safe autofill isn't working for me either under Norton Internet Security 21.7.0.11.

Until Symantec gets this issue resolved, here is a "business as usual" workaround URL that you can use with Identity Safe to log in to the Norton Community:

[edit: removed link]

I tried it - and the IDSafe at least offered to save the credential for the the URL link, but unfortunately the site wouldn't accept my current Norton Account credential...

Is this pathway a backdoor access point to allow Community entry via previous credentials that we used when the Community was still being implemented on Lithium?

Thanks anyway for at least trying to help ...

Cheers!

Kudos0

I'm the one who removed the link to the old login. Please don't post that link publicly as it may cause problems for customers trying to login. Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos1 Stats

As for the issues with ID Safe not working with the Community login, yep I'm seeing the same problem. I've let our ID Safe team know, and we're working to fix it quickly. I admit, it looks pretty sloppy. I'm sorry for the trouble.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Just wanted to add my "me too".

Kudos0

Tony_Weiss:

I'm the one who removed the link to the old login. Please don't post that link publicly as it may cause problems for customers trying to login. Thanks.

Understood...  

Kudos2 Stats

Reading the prior posts is helping me understand why I have been forced to use a convoluted method of accessing the NS/NSBU beta forum. Although the posts don't indicate a temporary fix, at least I know the problem is not tied to Win 10 nor the NS beta I am testing.  

Hindsight being 20/20, Tony's late June post regarding the change should have been emailed to everyone with a Norton Account. The announcement just wasn't obvious enough to folks like myself who were focused on beta forum posts to the exclusion of all else.  

Secondly, avjohnnie asked if the new procedure was tested sufficiently. Again, in hindsight, handing it off to beta testers might have been helpful for vetting it. Knowing it was "experimental" would have dropped my blood pressure considerably.   

John E. Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 14393.321 on Lenovo ThinkPad E535 & HP Pavilion 6610F
Kudos0

Hello

Single Sign On is not experimental. It is the new method of signing into the Forum and is listed on every page and post. An email to every user would amount to a huge number of emails. Not all the Norton Users make use of the Forum.

Kudos0

"Not all the Norton Users make use of the Forum".

That's right but it is still very difficult to follow for French former occasional users like me."

Kudos0

559ffd95c77b8:

"Not all the Norton Users make use of the Forum".

That's right but it is still very difficult to follow for French former occasional users like me."

IMO ~ official sponsored Norton support is Norton Support and Norton Community.  
Granted, I'm not paying for paper and ink.   I see no mountain sending SSO details by email to registered Community members. 
559ffd95c77b8:  have you sorted SSO...

IDSafe no longer works for direct Community login...

that's an unintended as you know ... 

Accepted Solution
Kudos3 Stats

Hi All,

Could you check the auto save and auto fill for community.norton.com login  again?

Regards

Senthil,

Kudos0

Hi Senthil,

ID Safe does auto-fill Norton Community log in now.

Thanks.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Thanks Dave for the update.

Regards,

Senthil

Kudos0

Indeed it does...  Issue resolved!

Thanks Senthil for the giving us the fix ...

Thanks Krusty for noticing the change (I'd taken to not logging out of the Community and to "protecting" that particular cookie from deletion) ...

Cheers!
John

Kudos0

Sorry not yet. Regards.
Kudos0

Hi Senthil,

Everything works smoothly by now.

Many thanks

Regards

Kudos0

hello,

for an runing idsafe ,in europe we need to use us-gb webpage (Norton account, forum etc ... all account of Microsoft run on all site ???), for other french or german page dont ran .... only en or us page run.

and surprise, sometime Outlook.com don't run Under win10 ... lol

Symantec/Norton : a joke ?? 

if you want : https://community.norton.com/fr/comment/6705511#comment-6705511

bye

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.