• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

*.org access lost on phones connected to norton core wife

my phones can no longer access *.org websites (e.g. sclhs.org, npr.org, onegreenplanet.org) at home when they are connected to our wifi via Norton Core.  I don't know what changed in the last month, but nearly ready to disconnect core.

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: *.org access lost on phones connected to norton core wife

Hello MARK. I get the same issue as well. No issue on my laptop and wireless. Look at the DNS setting on Core. Change from Core DNS to one of the others and allow the Core to reboot. I will do the same and recheck to see if anything changes.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) AO1 (AW) Aviation Warfare Specialist "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1809 / build 17763.379 / NCSP 22.17.0.183 / Norton Core v.278 on Android 1.93
Kudos0

Re: *.org access lost on phones connected to norton core wife

Thank you so much.

I use chrome as main browser on phone so I switched to Google DNS.

All my examples, plus church websites now accessable.

I'll leave it there until I can learn more.

mark

Kudos0

Re: *.org access lost on phones connected to norton core wife

Awesome news!! Glad to assist.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) AO1 (AW) Aviation Warfare Specialist "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1809 / build 17763.379 / NCSP 22.17.0.183 / Norton Core v.278 on Android 1.93
Kudos0

Re: *.org access lost on phones connected to norton core wife

Same issue here.  All .org sites are not resolving.

Update - switching DNS fixes the issue, except isn't using another DNS disabling a feature on the Core?  Or am I wrong?

Kudos0

Re: *.org access lost on phones connected to norton core wife

Update to my status: I switched back to Norton Secure DNS and it's working now.  I am now able to resolve *.org properly.

Kudos0

Re: *.org access lost on phones connected to norton core wife

Hello

If you are using Android, there was a Firmware and App update. Perhaps they are working better now. So far 226 and 1.28 are working better for me and I switched back to Norton Core DNS from ISP DNS.

Have a Nice Day and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.