Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
OWA - Blocked via Firewall
Over the course of a week...
1. I used Windows Defender exclusively, and had no issues.
2. I bought a Norton Core Router (still in the mail - not involved yet).
3. I decided to install Norton software (with my newfound subscription) while I waited for the Core router to arrive. Immediately I could no longer send/draft/attach emails on my company's Outlook Web App Site (A web mail client hosted on my company's Exchange Server). The interface became unpredictable and sluggish. I could login, and I could receive mail.
4. I tried three different browsers, and adding a variety of traffic rules to Norton firewall software. Nothing worked
5. I called help support twice; they were polite, but not of any help. Despite Norton being the only change on this PC they were convinced Norton did not cause this problem ...I was not.
6. I uninstalled Norton, deleted any instance of Norton or Symantec from the registry, and it still did not work.
7. I reset the Windows Defender Firewall settings to default and everything worked perfect again.
So here is what we know: The problem was caused by Norton, a change was applied to the firewall that stayed in place on the Windows Defender firewall preventing access to the site even after uninstalling Norton.
Here is what I need: I would love to install Norton again since I just bought the Core router, and I am not the biggest fan of Windows Defender, but I need a solution for this problem. There seems to be a few instances of this problem in the forum with no solution. I would love for everyone to have a solution to this problem.