• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Patch Update Received 12/1

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I received a patch update this morning and I don't see anything on this site about it. Am I missing something?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Patch Update Received 12/1

Hi Jimbo40,

I also received the patch update this AM, please keep an eye on the following as it is supposed to be Edited/updated upon release of this patch - guess Norton needs some time to catch up on their updating the info:

https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/norton-2281-product-update-available-now

Kudos0

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I already had 22.8.14.

Kudos0

You probably did, and so did I - there are patches when the version number does NOT change - this could be one - it should tell you once the Blog is updated.

I have contacted Norton - asking for the Blog to be updated.

<EDIT>  The announcement has been updated -scroll down to see the Comment.

Kudos0

I received the patch but the Safe Search Icons did not change per the announcement.

Jim

Kudos0

@Sunil_GA

I also have the patch and the Icons have not changed on WIN 10 AV running IE11 and WIN 7 running IE 11.

<EDIT> I think I found what is going on.  I use Goggle as my default browser and the Icons have not changed when searching  there - however if I use the Norton Safe Search box - the Icons have changed as shown in the announcement.

Kudos0

Same here. Icons are still the same. I use Google Chrome, Win 10 and NS Premium.

Kudos0

Funny, it was only a few short years ago the icons were changed from the green tick to "OK".  Now they've changed (On ASK / Safe Search) back to the tick.  Hmm, how about a Network Security Map and a Local Vault?

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Still old Icons using Safe Search Box, Bing and Google. This is on 2 W10 systems.

Jim

Kudos0

Jim, Try it in FF using the Norton Safe Search box - that's where I saw the new ones.

Kudos0

FF & Safe Search Box - New Icons

FF & Bing or Google - Old Icons

IE11 & Safe Search Box or Bing or Google - Old Icons.

I don't use the Safe Search Box and rarely use FF as I prefer IE 11 to use Norton ID Safe.

I prefer the old Icons anyway so Norton, please don't fix it.

Jim

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.