• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0

My version of PerfectDisk (8.0) worked correctly with Norton 360 Premier Edition v 2.5, but since I updated to Norton 360 premier editon v3.0 I cannot perform a boot-time defrag.  When I do try to do a boot-time defrag I get a BSOD.  I noticed norton antivirus 2009 caused the same problem with perfectdisk and a fix was released according to the thread.  Will there be some type of fix released for norton 360 v3 or do I just need to uninstall Norton 360 v3 and just go back to my original edition?

Message Edited by capnhud on 03-12-2009 07:24 AM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0

My version of PerfectDisk (8.0) worked correctly with Norton 360 Premier Edition v 2.5, but since I updated to Norton 360 premier editon v3.0 I cannot perform a boot-time defrag.  When I do try to do a boot-time defrag I get a BSOD.  I noticed norton antivirus 2009 caused the same problem with perfectdisk and a fix was released according to the thread.  Will there be some type of fix released for norton 360 v3 or do I just need to uninstall Norton 360 v3 and just go back to my original edition?

Message Edited by capnhud on 03-12-2009 07:24 AM
Kudos0

Re: PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0

It must be worth testing with this modification, which is easy to perform, and readvise. click here
Kudos0

Re: PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0

 I must be typing something wrong because I keep getting this error.  Even with turning off tamper protection 

 C:\Program Files>"Norton 360 Premier Edition\Engine\3.0.0.134" regsvr /u buShell.dll
'"Norton 360 Premier Edition\Engine\3.0.0.134"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I cannot for some reason unmark the solution.

Message Edited by capnhud on 03-12-2009 08:24 AMMessage Edited by capnhud on 03-12-2009 08:48 AM
Kudos0

Re: PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0

 I could not do it the way that was suggested so I just opened the command prompt in that directory and disabled tamper protection and unregistered the .dll. But I still cannot perform a boot-time defrag.  I have the program registered in the trusted applications list and disabled firewall, antivirius and tamper protection. This upgrade is not turning out so well.Message Edited by capnhud on 03-12-2009 09:34 AMMessage Edited by capnhud on 03-12-2009 09:35 AM
Kudos0

Re: PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0

I appreciate that your problem is not because of a conflict with bushell.dll but it was worth a try.

I thought however I should just clear up the misunderstand in the instructions.

you missed the "cd" before the directory. so it did not change to the named directory.

Also you  need to carriage return or enter after each line. I did not put this is the instructions it is true. Sorry I forget sometimes that people do not study dos any more.

Since the bushell exercise did not work for you, you should when you are ready, re register the dll.

so change the directory, disample tamper protection, and run

regsvr32 bushell.dll.

Hope that helps and sorry for the confusion

Kudos0

Re: PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0


cgoldman wrote:

I appreciate that your problem is not because of a conflict with bushell.dll but it was worth a try.

I thought however I should just clear up the misunderstand in the instructions.

you missed the "cd" before the directory. so it did not change to the named directory.

Also you  need to carriage return or enter after each line. I did not put this is the instructions it is true. Sorry I forget sometimes that people do not study dos any more.


Yea using the command prompt is not my forte but using windows power toy for the command line makes up for what I sometimes lack.

I have searched the forums and it seems that the best bet is just to downgrade back to version 2.5.  Version 3.0 looks very promising though whenever it does decide to work right.

Kudos0

Re: PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0


capnhud wrote:

My version of PerfectDisk (8.0) worked correctly with Norton 360 Premier Edition v 2.5, but since I updated to Norton 360 premier editon v3.0 I cannot perform a boot-time defrag.  When I do try to do a boot-time defrag I get a BSOD.  I noticed norton antivirus 2009 caused the same problem with perfectdisk and a fix was released according to the thread.  Will there be some type of fix released for norton 360 v3 or do I just need to uninstall Norton 360 v3 and just go back to my original edition?

Message Edited by capnhud on 03-12-2009 07:24 AM

It is a combination of things causing this problem.

1.  The way in which Norton protects hard drives has changed, and this causes boot defrag issues with Perfect Disk versions 9 and lower.

2.  No true working patch has come out from Raxco or Norton to fix this issue.

3.  Raxco released Perfect Disk v10 about a month ago.  It does NOT have the boot defrag problem with Norton 360 or Norton Internet Security 2009.  Not sure what was fixed, but boot defrag works now ( I have NIS 2009 and Norton 360 AND Perfect Disk v10, no more boot defrag issues).

Oh, and I am using Windows Vista x64 SP1.

Kudos0

Re: PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0


Richard1864 wrote:

capnhud wrote:

My version of PerfectDisk (8.0) worked correctly with Norton 360 Premier Edition v 2.5, but since I updated to Norton 360 premier editon v3.0 I cannot perform a boot-time defrag.  When I do try to do a boot-time defrag I get a BSOD.  I noticed norton antivirus 2009 caused the same problem with perfectdisk and a fix was released according to the thread.  Will there be some type of fix released for norton 360 v3 or do I just need to uninstall Norton 360 v3 and just go back to my original edition?

Message Edited by capnhud on 03-12-2009 07:24 AM

It is a combination of things causing this problem.

1.  The way in which Norton protects hard drives has changed, and this causes boot defrag issues with Perfect Disk versions 9 and lower.

2.  No true working patch has come out from Raxco or Norton to fix this issue.

3.  Raxco released Perfect Disk v10 about a month ago.  It does NOT have the boot defrag problem with Norton 360 or Norton Internet Security 2009.  Not sure what was fixed, but boot defrag works now ( I have NIS 2009 and Norton 360 AND Perfect Disk v10, no more boot defrag issues).

Oh, and I am using Windows Vista x64 SP1.


Ok so the best I can do is UNINSTALL v3.0 until they (symantec) releases a patch that will fix the problem.  In order to get it to do an offline defrag I had to uninstall v3.0 and had no problems.  I can understand the safety in the product, but it should not cause problems with devices or software in the upgraded version. The norton toolbar when enabled in firefox 3.0.7 causes firefox to crash on exit.  The coFFPlgn.dll and  IVPlugin.dll for the norton toolbar are the culprit according the crash report

Message Edited by capnhud on 03-16-2009 03:40 AM
Kudos0

Re: PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0


capnhud wrote:

Richard1864 wrote:

capnhud wrote:

My version of PerfectDisk (8.0) worked correctly with Norton 360 Premier Edition v 2.5, but since I updated to Norton 360 premier editon v3.0 I cannot perform a boot-time defrag.  When I do try to do a boot-time defrag I get a BSOD.  I noticed norton antivirus 2009 caused the same problem with perfectdisk and a fix was released according to the thread.  Will there be some type of fix released for norton 360 v3 or do I just need to uninstall Norton 360 v3 and just go back to my original edition?

Message Edited by capnhud on 03-12-2009 07:24 AM

It is a combination of things causing this problem.

1.  The way in which Norton protects hard drives has changed, and this causes boot defrag issues with Perfect Disk versions 9 and lower.

2.  No true working patch has come out from Raxco or Norton to fix this issue.

3.  Raxco released Perfect Disk v10 about a month ago.  It does NOT have the boot defrag problem with Norton 360 or Norton Internet Security 2009.  Not sure what was fixed, but boot defrag works now ( I have NIS 2009 and Norton 360 AND Perfect Disk v10, no more boot defrag issues).

Oh, and I am using Windows Vista x64 SP1.


Ok so the best I can do is UNINSTALL v3.0 until they (symantec) releases a patch that will fix the problem.  In order to get it to do an offline defrag I had to uninstall v3.0 and had no problems.  I can understand the safety in the product, but it should not cause problems with devices or software in the upgraded version. The norton toolbar when enabled in firefox 3.0.7 causes firefox to crash on exit.  The coFFPlgn.dll and  IVPlugin.dll for the norton toolbar are the culprit according the crash report

Message Edited by capnhud on 03-16-2009 03:40 AM

There isn't going to be a patch to Norton 360 v3 or NIS 2009 to fix the problem.  Both Norton Support and Raxco (Perfect Disk vendor) Tech support are both saying upgrading to Perfect Disk 10 will fix the problem.  No other patches are planned.  The two files you refer to above, coFFPlgn.dll and IVPlugin.dll have NOTHING to do with Perfect Disk's boot defrag, per Norton and Raxco.  Earlier versions of Perfect Disk will NOT run boot defrag properly with Norton 360 v3 or NIS 2009.  Perfect Disk 10 is a full rewrite of the defrag application.

Kudos0

Re: PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0

I forgot to mention that Perfect Disk v8 is NOT supported any more by Raxco, which is part of the reason there will not be a patch for it.
Kudos0

Re: PerfectDisk Boot Time Defrag not working with Norton 360 v3.0

Moved to "Other Norton Products" board for better exposure.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.