Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Performance Monitor - What constites an Installation event?
Does anyone know what NIS 2010 considers an Installation Event for the purpose of displaying in the Performance monitor window?
Prior to me uninstalling and reinstalling NIS 2010, the only items listed were:
1. NIS 2010
2. Itunes 9 (4 separate installations, 1 per component)
3. Firefox 3.5.3 - interesting since it was an automatic update
Other programs I installed such as the Firefox 18.104.22.168 update were not listed.
I've since uninstalled and reinstalled NIS 2010 and now the only item listed is NIS 2010, despite the fact that I've installed updates to the following programs:
1. Goodsync - http://www.goodsync.com/
2. Winrar 3.90 - http://www.rarlabs.com/
3. Firefox 3.6 (Nakamora) update
I originally though it only displayed programs that use the Microsoft Windows Installer component which could explain the missing itiems, but Firefox 3.5.3 doesn't use MSI and it showed up.
Anyone know what criteria there are for program installations to show up (or have more examples)?