Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
PLEASE STOP THE POPUPS AND BROWSER REDIRECTS
I have posted about this for the last year but rather than Norton disabling the redundant popups trying to get users to enable features, they have made things significantly worse by now adding a browser redirect in ADDITION to the pop-ups.
1. This applies to Norton Security and Norton Business (Norton Security for Small Businesses up to 20 Users).
2. Turning off "Special Offer Notifications" has never made any difference and Norton has acknowledged this.
3. We are an IT Consulting firm with over (300) unrelated installations of Norton Security and Norton Small Business installed.
4. Users, especially users of Norton Small Business, are so agitated by the repetitive popups and browser redirects they are forcing us to look at other solutions even though we have been 100% Norton for (8) years now.
5. The popups and browser redirects do NOT only happen after the initial install. They continue to occur during the regular update cycle (I assume some updates trigger this while others don't).
6. No product on the market does this other than Norton. It would be (1) thing if it was limited to only the initial installation but the fact that is continues to happen at least monthly (sometimes more frequently) and the "Special Features Notification" setting does NOT work makes it absurd.
7. We are 100% fans of Norton and we also sell / support this for a living. We are not looking for Norton advocates to tell us how this is not a big deal, our own customer base is berating us with complaints about this so in the real world it is a major issue.
8. We are looking for a direct response from a Norton representative.
Screen shots examples attached.