• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Pop-up Asking me to Uninstall Norton 360?

When I start my computer a pop-up asks me to uninstall Norton 360. I suspect it may be either malware or maybe a competitor (McAfee I think) trying to replace Norton 360 as my anti-virus program. I always just use the X in the upper right corner to erase the popup but it's an annoyance to have to do this every time I start up this computer. I don't absolutely need a solution but would like to get rid of this. I did get on RegEdit but am afraid I might mess it up and create a problem, so I left it alone. - Frank

Labels: Uninstall

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Pop-up Asking me to Uninstall Norton 360?

I suspect it may be either malware or maybe a competitor (McAfee I think) trying to replace Norton 360

If that means you have also McAfee installed on your machine or had it before installing Norton, you should remove or have removed McAfee using that vendor's tool before installing Norton. You can download it from here. Then you will have to reinstall Norton.

If that doesn't solve your problem, please let us know and we can suggest some Malware Removal Sites where you can have your system checked by an expert malware removalist.

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums!

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Re: Pop-up Asking me to Uninstall Norton 360?

I had the same thing happen to me about 3 weeks ago after updating my Norton when I kept  turning on my laptop  every time  and getting the same pop up telling to remove Norton and reinstall it . so that is what I did.  Everything seemed fine other the my lap top seemed a little slower then normal when start up or turning it off. About 3 days later I had a pop-up from Microsoft Windows on my screen  telling me something is wrong with my computer and I should call the toll free number  on the screen for help. I already have received phone scams a long time ago before this  telling me that there there is something wrong with my computer. When I knew  there was nothing wrong with my laptop so I would hang up on the caller. So when this message popped up I ran my Norton virus scanner and found nothing wrong then I also ran the Norton Power Eraser for hard to detect viruses but it never completed the check. Because I kept getting an error .I wrote it down not sure if this is the right one .... Error Condition detected 0F2F7F910 Error Code # 0x3EE  module Name  cc Eraser version 116.1.1.6. it also seemed like my computer was running slower then it normally ran. I felt then that all this started to happened when I did the 2 updates for Windows 7 a few days earlier So that is why I decided to do a reinstall back to an earlier time instead trying to figure out what was wrong. After doing the reinstall and reinstalling some programs one of them of course was my Norton Internet with back up program that was removed because of the reinstall back to an earlier date. When I rebooted my computer it would load to the windows logo you could hear something was running then next it went to a black screen with just cursor arrow and nothing else. l have yet to figure out what happened excepted that now I probably do have a virus .So good luck to finding out why the pop up to do a uninstall for your Norton 360 is coming up all the time.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.