• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Possible Errors in new set up of forum??

NIS2010 auto fills my ICQ number in IM screen names/My settings is this to be expected?

Html error turns up when you write your message in the pm section then use the quote feature?

just listing as I find things I realize there maybe more changes with the forum.

Cheers Mo Windows 7 64 bit, NIS2013

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Possible Errors in new set up of forum??


mo wrote:

NIS2010 auto fills my ICQ number in IM screen names/My settings is this to be expected?

Html error turns up when you write your message in the pm section then use the quote feature?

just listing as I find things I realize there maybe more changes with the forum.


The first sounds like an issue with NIS 2010, and for the 2nd, what is the HTML error message?

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Re: Possible Errors in new set up of forum??

Also, everyone's image gallery is invisible, and I can't access mine because it's simply not there.

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

Re: Possible Errors in new set up of forum??

To get the html error message: Type in the largest font and color for your message first and  then hit the quote button to show your conversation and then the html message should turn up.I also got this one

Cheers Mo Windows 7 64 bit, NIS2013
Kudos0

Re: Possible Errors in new set up of forum??

Ok another error....in my settings>preferences >display,I changed my font size to large chose save changes and when I went to write anything  like in a pm my font sice was SO small it looked like dots...I have set it back to default and  it and all is back to normal.

Cheers Mo Windows 7 64 bit, NIS2013
Kudos0

Re: Possible Errors in new set up of forum??


mo wrote:

Ok another error....in my settings>preferences >display,I changed my font size to large chose save changes and when I went to write anything  like in a pm my font sice was SO small it looked like dots...I have set it back to default and  it and all is back to normal.


I experienced exactly the same thing.

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

Re: Possible Errors in new set up of forum??

The error with the teeny tiny text should be resolved tomorrow.

As for the invalid html error, I tried to reproduce the issue with those steps, but I wasn't able to get the error. Which browser was it? And can you detail the exact steps? Thanks!

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Re: Possible Errors in new set up of forum??

I have forgotton in amongst all the other stuff I have been trying out....sorry Tony.I know it was in the PM section.

FF3.5.7...I know I got the first html error with the writing under the message etc then possibly I tried to go back by using FF's green back button.

Cheers Mo Windows 7 64 bit, NIS2013
Kudos0

Re: Possible Errors in new set up of forum??

pages seem to load slower

Kudos0

Re: Possible Errors in new set up of forum??

I have spotted that, especially the login page

Quads

Kudos0

Re: Possible Errors in new set up of forum??


Tony_Weiss wrote:

The error with the teeny tiny text should be resolved tomorrow.

As for the invalid html error, I tried to reproduce the issue with those steps, but I wasn't able to get the error. Which browser was it? And can you detail the exact steps? Thanks!


Hi Tony

I use IE 7 with xp pro sp 3 and System works 12 standard, so I am using NAV 2009 16.7.2.11. I tried to copy Tim's announcement about the new version update in NAV/NIS 2010 section about it being a phase in distribution. When I tried to put that into a thread I was answering and put it into a box like this one and when to post it, the error came up. It's happened several times since Friday when I try to copy something. It says it corrected the HTML, but it was from a post right in the Forum made by Time, so I assume the HTML is ok.

Perhaps it comes up when the poster uses a different O/S or browser than I am using. Does HTML code change for different o/s's and browsers? I'm not computer literate enough to know about these things.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.8.65 Core Firmware 282 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.