Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Privacy related questions about Norton Security
1. The user visits a malicious website. Does Norton Security send the malicious URL to Symantec server ?
2. The user visits a non-malicious websites. Does Norton Security send the URL to Symantec server ?
3. The user visits a website that Norton "doesn't know" whether it's malicious or not, yet. Does Norton Security send the URL to Symantec server ?
4. Which Norton Security components send the visited URLs to Symantec servers ?
5. Does the user have an option to disable the features that send the visited URLs back to Symantec server ?
6. Does Symantec associate the listed of visited URLs with the user's unique machine identifier, or the IP address, or the Windows username, or the unique Norton product identifier ?
7. Does Norton Security encrypt the URL data before sending it to Symantec server ?
I would appreciate if a Symantec employee could answer those question. Thank you !