• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Problem installing Norton Internet Security package for Mac OSX 10.5.8

I am a comcast customer and was offered the download for Norton Internet Security Mac Edition as a result. Up until yesterday I had no problems with any of the components- I had downloaded and installed the product months ago ( around February 2012). For some reason, now, the only item that shows and works is the LiveUpdate feature. And even then, all recent updates are current. When I attempted to uninstall and re-install again, the symantec setup assistant alerted me to the fact that norton could not detect certain settings after asking me whether I wanted the anti-phishing feature and if I wanted it enabled on firefox.  These was the following messages I received:

and under the toolbar:

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Problem installing Norton Internet Security package for Mac OSX 10.5.8

I am a comcast customer and was offered the download for Norton Internet Security Mac Edition as a result. Up until yesterday I had no problems with any of the components- I had downloaded and installed the product months ago ( around February 2012). For some reason, now, the only item that shows and works is the LiveUpdate feature. And even then, all recent updates are current. When I attempted to uninstall and re-install again, the symantec setup assistant alerted me to the fact that norton could not detect certain settings after asking me whether I wanted the anti-phishing feature and if I wanted it enabled on firefox.  These was the following messages I received:

and under the toolbar:

Kudos0

okay errors in updating as well-

Kudos0

don't mean to spam- but I haven't heard back a reply...

Kudos0

It sounds like the entire product failed to load correctly for some reason. Without getting into too many details, I believe the "SymSharedSettingsd" process is not running. 

Could you please run this script to gather more information:

1. Download the tool from here: ftp://ftp.symantec.com/misc/tools/mactools/GatherSymantecInfo.zip
  2. Place the file on the Mac client and double-click it. It will expand the GatherSymantecInfo.command file as well as a folder called SupportFiles.
  3. Double-click on GatherSymantecInfo.command. It will open a Terminal window.
  4. Enter the administrator password (it will not echo on-screen) and press Enter.
  5. On the "Please enter the subscription key..." window, press Enter to bypass this screen. A subscription key does not apply to Symantec enterprise antivirus applications.
  6. Gathering information... will appear.
  7. When completed the Terminal window will indicate that the information was gathered and saved to the desktop (SymantecInfo.txt and SymantecInfo.zip, which is simply SymantecInfo.txt in a zip archive). 

Either attach the SymantecInfo.txt file here on the forums, or if it is too large, please contact me via private message.

Ryan McGann Technical Director Norton Business Unit, Symantec
Kudos0

thank you for replying. here is the result...

File Attachment: 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.