• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Problems after update to 360 v3.5 Windows 7 Compatibility Patch - NEW UPDATE 3.5.2.11

Hi

I am running Windows 7 RC, and Norton 360 version 3.5. Prior to the update to version 3.5.2.11, I had no problems. This morning after I ran live update I noticed that (after I rebooted my PC) that my version was now 3.5.2.11. But I also noticed that I no longer have the Norton 360 applet in my system "tray" at the bottom right of my screen. I have rebooted a couple of times, with no change. When I start up norton 360, it says protected and behaves normally.

I would appreciate your help in getting norton to appear in the system tray as it has in the past.

Thanks.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Problems after update to 360 v3.5 Windows 7 Compatibility Patch - NEW UPDATE 3.5.2.11

Welcome to the Norton Community

Please check the folowing support document

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20090722175213EN&ln=en_US

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

Re: Problems after update to 360 v3.5 Windows 7 Compatibility Patch - NEW UPDATE 3.5.2.11

Click on the little white up arrow in your system icon tray and it should be there.  If you want it to display with all the other icons, you'll need to click on customize and then set it to always display.
Windows 7 SP1 build 7601 + IE9 +Firefox 15.0.1 +Thunderbird 15.0.1NIS 2013 ver 20.1.1.2
Kudos0

mdturner wrote:

Welcome to the Norton Community

Please check the folowing support document

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20090722175213EN&ln=en_US

Thanks. I will try this when I am back at my PC. I find it interesting, though, that I didn't have this problem when I was running 3.5.2.10.
Kudos0

tmetzger wrote:
Click on the little white up arrow in your system icon tray and it should be there.  If you want it to display with all the other icons, you'll need to click on customize and then set it to always display.
I did that, and there was nothing there.
Kudos0

There was actually a link to a Microsoft Support document but not very clear

Here is the direct link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945011

Even though it says it is for Vista it is for Win 7 also

Message Edited by mdturner on 09-03-2009 06:18 PM
We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

mdturner wrote:

There was actually a link to a Microsoft Support document but not very clear

Here is the direct link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945011

Even though it says it is for Vista it is for Win 7 also

Message Edited by mdturner on 09-03-2009 06:18 PM
Thanks. It worked. Actually I first tried to run the automated "fixit" from Microsoft, but it wouldn't run. So I followed the instructions for editing the registry.
Kudos0

Awesome, glad its working for you now. 

Sorry, didn't know about the MS fix until after I posted.

Windows 7 SP1 build 7601 + IE9 +Firefox 15.0.1 +Thunderbird 15.0.1NIS 2013 ver 20.1.1.2
Kudos0

Also had the same problems after getting the new Symantec update the same time I got the new Tuesday batch of updates from MS.  SO I didn't know who to blame for it.  Followed the fix it myself routine listed and solved the icon problem, but still don't have Norton listed in the startup menu.  Windows action Center says it is up and running and protecting my computer, but would feel better if it was listed in the startup menu on windows.  Is there a way to do this without reinstalling Norton?  Also did a complete virus scan as a precaution and came up clean.  Any suggestions would be greatful. Thanks in advance.
If it's not broken then don't fix it, unless your Microsoft! :)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.