Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Product Documentation Lacking
Poor Documentation (though you have great products)
- Purchase of Cloud storage: I wasted at least 10 hours expanding my Cloud storage space … your Video was excellent and showed the process, BUT its links were bad … I told the Chat person that I needed 100 Gb on this laptop (turns out to be 152 Gb) and that Norton 360 only provided 50 Gb … guess he didn’t believe me … I let him take over my computer and he wasted about 30 minutes trying to backup all my stuff into 50 Gb … finally, he realized that it wouldn’t fit … on my final Chat to another person, I was told that Norton didn’t sell additional Cloud space as your documentation and video state!
- Bad Documentation: just look at all the conversations by your users – people are confused … you could make a lot more money by hiring a staff to keep your install documentation up to date – provide step-by-step instructions with the installing software … customers would recommend you more and you would sell more software
- Installing Instructions on Devices-2 and on: I paid for a subscription to Norton 360 Deluxe … I know how to log into device-1 with the subscribed license and how to send the install software via email to the other devices … at this point, on the devices that get the email … when you get the email, there is a link to download the software but there are NO directions how to log in after that … it is illogical for me to log in on device-3 with device-1’s email address .. I have 5 licenses for Office 365 and I log in with a different email addresses that are associated with the devices … each is registered with Microsoft … since you send that email for installing Norton, you know the email address associated with each one, too
- “can not connect to Norton server” … is another problem … where in your documentation do you say that I need Internet Explorer 11? Even Microsoft wants me to use Edge and not IE. Oddly, I installed Norton 360 on device-1 and IE is not installed but it did fix the issue with device-3. Device-2 had IE.
- Partner Code: I found by Googling I can use “Xfinity” for that code … but your web page doesn’t indicate why I should enter it. I entered it but have NO CLUE what it is used for as you have no documentation with it.
- "We're working to resolve an issue that prevents us from completing your request" … I am on device-3 and Norton 360 Deluxe is on in and functioning. I opened Google Chrome and clicked on Password Manager and got this error message. On that page, I followed the link to https://status.norton.com/ and got all had green checks … followed link to https://support.norton.com/contact and got this error message, "this page isn't working"
… on the same device, I can open Password Manager on Internet Explorer and Firefox
… tried again and clicked on Password Manager at top menu of Chrome … instead of “sign in,” I clicked “Help” … got this message, “This page isn’t working” on https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-identity-safe/current/info?ssdcat=411&env=prod&origin=idsafe&displang=iso3%3aENG&displocale=iso3%3aUSA
Bottom line is that I LOVE Symantec software and have been using it since Utilities in DOS … your worse enemy is your documentation … most of the time, it would be better off talking to myself than Chatting … I would guess they help about 25% of the time … Google has usually provided answers at the 50% level.
It has taken me at least 36 hours over 4 days to install an upgrade to Norton 360 Deluxe on 3 devices ... still not working properly on any of them … documentation would have helped.