Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Product Update - 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206 for Norton Internet Security 2012 and Norton AntiVirus 2012 (February 14th, 2012) - ENGLISH ONLY
Dear Norton Community,
We are glad to announce that we have completed testing our latest inline releases of Norton AntiVirus 2012 / Norton Internet Security 2012 and we are ready to release the patches for English users.
To receive the update, simply run LiveUpdate and download the update. A reboot will be required.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About. The version number of the new release for Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security will be 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168.
Please Note: The patch is currently available to ENGLISH users ONLY. We will be releasing the patches in other regions soon.
The FAQ below tries to answer some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199.
Please note that all Norton Internet Security 2012 and Norton AntiVirus 2012 customers with a valid subscription will receive this update for free. Not using the Norton 2012 products? See if you qualify for a FREE update to the 2012 products by visiting the Norton Update Center.
2. When will I receive the patch?
As a standard practice, we will be deploying the patch in a phased manner. On Friday, January 27th 2012, we will be releasing the patch to English customers for a few hours only. We will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problem reports or issues.
Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This update is currently only available through LiveUpdate. We will update this post when we have the update published in other venues.
4. What are the changes in this release?
19.5 contains MANY changes and fixes from the previous version. Some of these changes include:
- Corrected an issue where Popup Notifications could not be disabled (Discussed Here).
- Several issues with Identity Safe were corrected.
- Improved Identity Safe to make it easier to use.
- Added “Secure Resume” feature – Identity Safe Locked when computer goes in to sleep mode.
- Out-of-the-box support for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox versions released between 19.2 and 19.5.
- Improved Cloud-based detections.
- Enhanced Norton Management integration.
… and many more!
This patch also contains fixes from the previous patch. Some of those changes included:
- Quick Scan should do a better job of detecting the idle state of a system before running.
- Corrected several Browser/Toolbar crashes when using IE, Chrome and Firefox. (Filling forms or Credit cards on some sites was crashing and is now corrected in addition to other reported crashes.)
- Updated ID safe to correct several login issues
- Corrected an issue with Settings UI launch to increase performance
- Corrected a Reputation Scan failure
- Updated Firefox support to include version 8
- Corrected an issue wherein Identity Safe log in failed if password was longer than 20 characters
- NCO carries a new feature called Secure Resume
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the forums!