Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Product Update for Norton 360 v220.127.116.11
Dear Norton Community,
We are glad to announce that we have completed testing our latest inline release of Norton 360 v6 and we are ready to release the patch for English users.
To receive the update, simply run LiveUpdate and download the update. A reboot will be required.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About. The version number of the new release for Norton 360 will be 18.104.22.168.
The FAQ below tries to answer some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 22.214.171.124 (2012)
Please note that all Norton 360 customers with a valid subscription will receive this update for free. Not using the Norton 2012 products? See if you qualify for a FREE update to the 2012 products by visiting the Norton Update Center.
2. When will I receive the patch?
This update is currently available through LiveUpdate. If you have not received the patch, please restart your system and run LiveUpdate manually.
3. How can I manually install the patch?
This update is currently available through LiveUpdate. You can also visit the Norton Update Center to download and install version 126.96.36.199.
4. What are the changes in this release?
6.1.2 contains changes that help with forward compatibility with certain product services. This patch also contains fixes from the previous patch. Some of those changes included:
- Updated Monthly Report Card behavior
- Updated the Norton Toolbar look and feel
- MS Word 2003/2007 “Open dialog box” error will no longer appear (Discussed Here)
- Corrected an issue where Popup Notifications could not be disabled
- Added “Secure Resume” feature – Identity Safe Locked when computer goes in to sleep mode.
- Out-of-the-box support for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox versions released between 19.2 and 19.5.
- Improved Cloud-based detections.
- Enhanced Norton Management integration.
- Quick Scan should do a better job of detecting the idle state of a system before running.
- Corrected several Browser/Toolbar crashes when using IE, Chrome and Firefox. (Filling forms or Credit cards on some sites was crashing and is now corrected in addition to other reported crashes.)
- Corrected an issue with Settings UI launch to increase performance
- Corrected a Reputation Scan failure
- Updated Firefox support to include version 11
- NCO carries a new feature called Secure Resume
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the forums!