Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Product Update: Norton Security support for El Capitan - OS X 10.11
I wanted to share an update on the status of support for the Norton Security client for Apple's El Capitan OS X 10.11 release. We are in the final stages of wrapping up testing with the new release of OS X. Apple has announced that the update to OS X will be available on Sept 30th and we expect to have updaters available for anyone running 6.3 a few days a head of that (tentatively set for Sept 28th).
The new client is already available in select channels. If you'd like to try it, you can download it from http://www.norton.com/setup
RELEASE SUMMARY for NORTON SECURITY OS X client 6.4
The 6.4 client update includes the following features:
- Full support for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Improved support for Potentially Unwanted Applications
- Accumulated bug fixes
POTENTIALLY UNWANTED APPLICATION (PUA) SUPPORT
In an effort to avoid detection as malicious applications, the authors of certain applications that serve only to deliver adware have adopted techniques that are intended to make them look like legitimate applications. For example they often present end user license agreements (albeit in extremely small font) to the user or piggyback their installation on the back of legitimate applications, in effect hiding behind such legitimate applications.
The new PUA flows in this client update are intended to bring such application installs to the attention of you our customer so that you are aware of the install and can chose to proceed with them or not.
When such applications encountered by an automatic scan (typically on install) you will see a dialog box along the lines of the following.
When such applications are encountered by a manual or scheduled scan you will see a dialog box along the lines of the following:
In addition to many fixes made to ensure OX X 10.11 (El Capitan) support, numbers bug fixes where made to increase robustness of the client across the many diverse environments our customers run. These fixes included the following issues:
- Phishing page template not displayed on accessing phishing website
- "File not found" error message displayed on accessing blocked page
- Product crashes on drag and drop of multiple folders to dock icon
- Symdaemon crash observed on restart after applying patch
- Unable to launch app from quick menu/applications after applying patch
- Uninstall UI is not launched on remote uninstallation
- PUA samples not detected on Auto Scan
- Annotations not displayed for Google
- Norton Security App hangs on file scan
- In OS 10.7.5 Norton crash observed in Dispatch queue: com.symantec.UninstallerToolHelper.xpcq on uninstallation
- Residues left after uninstall
- Symdaemon crash observed when the network is disconnected and reconnected during renewal synch
For users who have already upgraded to OS X 10.11 we have discovered an issue with Internet connectivity due to an issue in the current OS X Norton Security client 6.3. This is a known issue and tracked in forum issue (https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6652181#comment-6652181). If you are affected by this, then you will need to take the following steps (once the 6.4 patch updater has been released):
- Open Norton Security (6.3) => Advanced => Firewall => Connection Blocking => Turn OFF.
- Reboot the computer.
- Run LiveUpdate as to fetch the latest product.