• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Purge in Progress since 11/24/2012 04:06:09 PM

I have a Purge in Progress, which has been in progress since 11/24/2012 04:06:09 PM.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, and Norton Online Backup, which I purchased separately.  This is a major problem, since no backups have been taken since I requested a bunch of files be purged.

Thank you

Mark

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Purge in Progress since 11/24/2012 04:06:09 PM

I have a Purge in Progress, which has been in progress since 11/24/2012 04:06:09 PM.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, and Norton Online Backup, which I purchased separately.  This is a major problem, since no backups have been taken since I requested a bunch of files be purged.

Thank you

Mark

Kudos0

Hello Mark

The active purge job has been cancelled. You should be able to run a backup as well as start another purge as needed.

Take note the purge process works a lot like the restore process does. The more data you opt to purge the longer it can take. From the looks of your data set you have a total of 12 GB utilized currently.

Kudos0

Thank you - the purge is cancelled. 

I would like to remove all the backups saved at this point.  I made the mistake of removing my computer, and adding it back, thinking that would also remove the backed up files.  It does not appear to have done so, and if I go into File Actions, it seems I am no longer permitted to purge files from the backup.

Could you please delete all the files backed up on my account.  This will allow me to start over.

Have you addressed tis purge issue with the development staff?  Clearly, it's a significant problem, since you seem to get a lot of problems with this issue.

Thank you.

Mark

Kudos0

Hi Mark

The quota was off. Likely the result of the purge being cancelled manually and then the removal of the sets. Both points have already been brought up to the development team. They're looking into this as well as some other service items to help make the overall experience better.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.