• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Question re Upgrading from 21.7

I have a Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium computer. I am on version 21.7 of NIS and just renewed my subscription last month. I understand in order to get the patch for the Norton security vulnerability I will have to move to version 22.7 of NIS, which I will reluctantly do. I was hoping to wait until more bugs were worked out before making the move but not a good idea now.

I have had the automatic download of new version turned off. Do I just need to turn it back on and keep running live update to get the updated version with the patch or is there something else I need to do. I prefer NOT to go through chat. The one and only time I ever used that, the person didn’t seem to know what he was doing and I had to come to this forum for the information. Thanks.

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Question re Upgrading from 21.7

If NIS 21.7 is running well on your machine there should be no problem installing v22.7 straight over v21.7. 

After turning back on automatic download of new version, you can right click the Systray icon > Check for New Version. At the end, run LiveUpdate until it says No updates found, and I'd reboot even if not requested, it never hurts….

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

- Windows 7 Home Premium OEM  2 PC's

- N360 v21.7.0.11

I'm in the same camp as Furball813 , been hesitant to upgrade due to the "Win 10-ready' issues affecting Win 7 users.

I'm about ready to try it though, maybe this weekend after my 2-week Cloning.  It looks like a slow "Windows Update" week so it's a convenient time for me to try it.  I'll revert back to v21.7.0.11 with my Cloned HDD if problems develop.

Will the N360 Dashboard(exe) v22x file be located in a similar location as with my current N360 v21x version?

Here's my current file location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine64\21.7.0.11\uistub.exe

Windows 7x64 Home Premium OEM Ver / MoBo: ASUS P7P55D-E / CPU: Intel i5-650 / RAM: 16 Gb Corsair DDR3
Kudos1 Stats

Scoop8:  Will the N360 Dashboard(exe) v22x file be located in a similar location as with my current N360 v21x version? Here's my current file location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine64\21.7.0.11\uistub.exe

Yep.....

Kudos0

Thanks

Windows 7x64 Home Premium OEM Ver / MoBo: ASUS P7P55D-E / CPU: Intel i5-650 / RAM: 16 Gb Corsair DDR3
Kudos1 Stats

Thanks for your reply Rainbow_2. I thought there was something wrong with my post as I never saw it show up yesterday.

Anyway, I bit the bullet and figured out on my own to do what you had recommended. Everything went fairly smoothly. The only problem I had after update  was this error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine64\21.7.0.11\uistub.exe Unspecified error. Had to open Norton from the start menu. I rebooted again and all is well now.

Kudos0

Furball813:

I thought there was something wrong with my post as I never saw it show up yesterday.

Weird.... usually only Newbies' posts have to wait before appearing on the boards.

Anyway, I bit the bullet and figured out on my own to do what you had recommended. Everything went fairly smoothly. The only problem I had after update  was this error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine64\21.7.0.11\uistub.exe Unspecified error. Had to open Norton from the start menu. I rebooted again and all is well now.

Glad you had already made the move successfully -  Amazing what a reboot can do!

All the best.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.