• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Re "Norton 22.7.1 Product Update available now"

Mohan_G posted on the 17th August that "Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch" (after the release to some selected customers), "we will make it available to all customers".

Has anyone any idea roughly how long the testing phase takes, please? I am currently checking daily for the Update when perhaps I should do nothing for another week or two?

Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.345/HP envy/EDGE (rubbish)/IE11 (RIP)11.285.17134.0/ OFFICE 365 Home Personal/Norton Security

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Re "Norton 22.7.1 Product Update available now"

Hi Taffy_078,

As mentioned in the announcement, Norton will be reviewing the telemetry and working to fix any minor bugs if found. As I'm sure you can appreciate, the time needed for this process can vary and it is difficult to publish a firm timeline.

I suggest waiting a few days before checking again unless you have a dire need for this version. If it helps, I do not have the 22.7.1 version yet either.

Generally the Norton team will publish another announcement when the patch is made available to all customers.

Hang in there!

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Re: Re "Norton 22.7.1 Product Update available now"

Thanks Phil for a vey helpful reply. I'm in no rush to have it - it's just that I didn't know what the procedure is so I'll wait for the announcement in due course! Much appreciated.

Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.345/HP envy/EDGE (rubbish)/IE11 (RIP)11.285.17134.0/ OFFICE 365 Home Personal/Norton Security

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.