• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Registry check finds 216 "problems" after upgrade to Windows 10

I'm reluctant to allow Norton to resolve the issues for fear or creating a problem with the new Windows 10 install.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is the registry check safe in Windows 10?

Labels: Windows 10

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Registry check finds 216 "problems" after upgrade to Windows 10

Why run registry check...?
Does Microsoft instruct registry check..?

Kudos0

Hello

Is this using Norton Utilities? If so, which version number please? Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Norton Uilities 15. I've upgraded to 16 based on other posts. I haven't run the registry check yet. In response to bjm_, Norton runs the registry check automatically unless I turn off that option. 

Kudos0

Why would you load up W10 with third party....
How are you gonna' know what's W10 hiccup vs. conflict....

Kudos0

I'm sorry. I don't know what you mean. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Norton was already installed. Are you suggesting that Windows 10 has it's own utilities and doesn't need Norton Utilities or Norton 360? What else would you suggest I uninstall?

Isn't this the issue with any OS? It's the same with Windows 7. How do you know if it's Windows or the third party software that is in conflict. How long do you wait before you load other software.

Kudos0

hi dwsmithjr

What sort of "errors" are listed?

Out of interest I ran the CCleaner Registry Scan it showed almost 150 "errors" almost all were connected to Microsoft, missing links mostly of  .Net 1, I forget the exact name as at the time I did not take much notice of them.

I put it down to the files being old and replaced/deleted by Windows 10 as there have been various versions of this type of file I think the latest was 4.

I cannot exactly explain what they do but work in the background when you have various other programs installed to make them work. I think some versions of net. files help make Office work.

Michael

Kudos0

dwsmithjr:  I'm sorry. I don't know what you mean. 

I'm suggesting that if Windows 10 required registry maintenance then W10 would have native registry maintenance.   Microsoft codes for Windows.  Microsoft does not code for Norton.   
One week from release and you're digging in the registry.  Respectfully, why?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2563254
https://blog.malwarebytes.org/social-engineering/2015/06/digital-snake-oil/

How long do you wait before you load other software.

Longer than a week.  

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.