• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Reinstall of Norton 360 has uninstalled Norton Ghost 10

Hi,

I run two Norton products on my XP computer - Norton 360 and Norton Ghost 10.

When I started my computer this morning a Norton 360 message box appeared on screen saying that a fix was needed and I should reinstall Norton 360 from the Symantec website. This I did following the onscreen instructions.

However, without warning the reinstall process has deleted Norton Ghost 10 from my machine, and I cannot find Norton Ghost 10 anywhere on the Symantec website for download.

Norton Ghost 10 came preinstalled on my computer as a trial, and I later paid for the full version with an extra charge for the "extended download service". I have the Verification Code. Can anyone tell me how or where I can download Norton Ghost 10.

Thanks,

Steve

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Reinstall of Norton 360 has uninstalled Norton Ghost 10

Hi,

I run two Norton products on my XP computer - Norton 360 and Norton Ghost 10.

When I started my computer this morning a Norton 360 message box appeared on screen saying that a fix was needed and I should reinstall Norton 360 from the Symantec website. This I did following the onscreen instructions.

However, without warning the reinstall process has deleted Norton Ghost 10 from my machine, and I cannot find Norton Ghost 10 anywhere on the Symantec website for download.

Norton Ghost 10 came preinstalled on my computer as a trial, and I later paid for the full version with an extra charge for the "extended download service". I have the Verification Code. Can anyone tell me how or where I can download Norton Ghost 10.

Thanks,

Steve

Kudos1 Stats

Hi Steve,

It sounds like you used the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool  to accomplish the reinstall.  If you did there is a "Before you Begin" statement at the beginning of it stating it removes other programs and cautions you to have CD/downlaod file available.

If you click on the link regarding reinstalling it take you here which in turn will lead you to the following link: 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?ct=us&lg=en&product=home&pvid=f-home&version=1&docid=20090225130659EN

It appears  if you can not find the file on your system, then you'll need to try to upgrade to Ghost 15.  I am not knowledgeable about the upgrade scheme with Ghost - perhaps osmeone else can assist with that.

Keep us posted.

Kudos0

Thanks for that

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.