• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

reinstalled N360 from my Account, cannot connect to previous backup

Backup Drive: N360_BACKUP folder ARestore.exe ARestore.loc

Labels: Norton 360

Replies

Kudos0

Re: reinstalled N360 from my Account, cannot connect to previous backup

Same using Norton Security w/backup, after reinstall I have to delete the contents of the 360 folder & run backup again to be able to see the backup under Norton.

Virginia/Twilight Princess. Windows 10 Pro 64bit, iPhone X, iPad Pro 9.7".
Kudos0

Re: reinstalled N360 from my Account, cannot connect to previous backup

Follow-up:

The previous backup set is still not seen by the N360 Backup section. However, I found that "This PC" shows the "Norton Backup Drive" as a system folder. I am able to navigate this folder, however, it is very slow, I assume it is building displayable information extracted from the backup structure. There is a progress bar in the Address Bar for each click. The folders have "right click" options of Explore, Restore, Restore to, and Delete. The files "right click" option of Explore is changed to Preview.

I first tried a "Restore to" on a drive section. The CPU activity was 50% to 75%, however, the File Explorer was (Not Responding).  After about a half hour I killed the task. I began exploring and found that I could preview a file but it was extremely slow and CPU intensive. A Backup pop-up eventually appeared, restored the file, and opened Word to display the contents. After I closed Word the restored file was not on the destination drive. I retraced up a few levels and found that it would restore folders, very slow and very CPU intensive.

The backup structure may be very efficient and machine dependent but it kind of leaves you "twisting in the wind" when you are trying to come back from a failure and attempt to restore the system.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.