• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

removal of N360_BACKUP folder

When I "upgraded" from Norton 360 to Norton Deluxe, I found that it no longer supports WinXP and no longer has a backup function.  I wish I had known this before I made the upgrade.  In any case, I'm trying to remove Norton altogether from a WinXP computer.  The N360_BACKUP folder is on an external drive, and when I removed Norton from the computer, this folder did not get removed.  With Norton uninstalled, I cannot use Norton itself to remove the folder.  I would like to free up the space used by this folder, but it's refusing to be deleted.  How can I remove this folder from the drive?  (Yes, I'm using an Administrator account.)

To answer the question you may ask me, that is, why I'm still using a WinXP computer.  I'm still using it because it has a custom legacy app running legacy laboratory equipment.  It's a one-purpose machine, but a vital one.  It would cost me thousands of dollars to replace it, the software, and the equipment, so it's well worth it to me to keep this setup functioning.  I use the external drive for backup, and I would like to free up the space used by the N360_BACKUP folder.

Labels: Windows XP

Replies

Kudos0

Re: removal of N360_BACKUP folder

Do you have an older 360 installer you can use to install Norton again?  If so, install Norton, then go to Settings - Administrative Settings and scroll down to Norton Product Tamper Protection. Turn that off, then try deleting the 360 folder.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.