• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Renewal 360

I received an e mail from Norton informing me that my auto renewal would cost me best part of £80.  I can by from PC world or on line for £25.  So it appears there is an attempt at ripping off those less wary.

I will not renew even though I can get it cheaper and go to my ISP for their own protection.... 

Signed

Not ripped off

Labels: Norton 360

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Renewal 360

Hello Theroyster7

You can and should turn off the auto-renewal. As you say, you can always find a better price in stores and reliable online sites. However, if you want to stay with N360. If you use the Backup feature, then I would recommend Norton Security Premium which is good for up to 10 devices including computers, Macs, tablets, iphones, Androids.  If you don't  use the Backup feature, then you can get Norton Security Deluxe or Standard depending on how many computers you need to  protect.

The Norton store charges a convenience fee and can not sell products cheaper than their retail partners.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1903 Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.8.65 Core Firmware 288 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Welcome to the wonderful world of marketing.

Symantec sells its products directly and through retail partners. Part of the agreement with those partners is that Symantec will not undercut the pricing of these partners. The partners in turn are free to set the price at whatever level they are comfortable with for their profit margins.

The price for a subscription Renewal is often more expensive and reflects a "Convenience Fee" for those that do not want to spend time searching for lower pricing, or risk forgetting to renew the subscription and risk losing their security protection.

This has been discussed many times on these forums, so Symantec is aware of the users concerns.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi ,  Thank you for replying to my post.  As it's the second year the price has been hiked I have now gone through my ISP and use F secure. This has shown to be as good when used by collegues.  Appreciate your time.

Roy

Kudos0

Hi Peterweb.   Thanks for your reply. Much apreciated.  I have now installed F secure via my ISP as recommended by friends.  As you say, it is convenience, but fortunately I have the time to browse.   Regards  Roy

Kudos0

Just be sure you have run the Norton Removal Tool from   www.norton.com/nrt

This will insure you have no Norton remnants that might cause conflicts with your new F Secure product.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.