• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Renewing Subscriptions on Norton 360

Hi gang

I have Norton 360 which is installed on 3 pc's .... subscription is up soon and I was wondering if somebody could tell me how much this will cost me (I don't want to click to go through the procedure just to find out how much it will cost and then cancel as I am not ready to pay for it just yet).

Also, I have a fourth pc which I was hoping to install 360 on too so that I could manage all the pc's together and renew in one go each year.

I clicked to "purchase" another licence key so I can install on another pc ...... I couldn't believe that the price wanted is £54.99 ..... surely this cannot be correct?

£54.99 for use on 1 pc ??? ... and it does indeed say it is only for one pc in the small print at the bottom of the page;

http://tinyurl.com/a4m7tx

Therefore Norton want me to pay the same price for one more licence key as it would likely cost to renew my other 3 covered pc's ?

So if I renew my subscription and then also purchase one more key so that all 4 of my pc's have Norton 360 installed it will cost me approx £110.00  ?

This is a quote from Nortons ad ;

• Save money - buy additional keys as you need them
  • Bearing in mind that Norton are not providing a cd with packaging costs etc but only going to provide me with an email with a set of digits for me to enter when I install using my own, already paid for copy of Norton 360 

Where is the saving?

The original product with cover for 3 pcs didn't even cost me £55.00 in the first place !!

It would be cheaper to start all over again and buy 2 individual programs of Norton 360 AND I would have cover for 6 pcs.

Come on Symantec ..... where are the savings? ....... where are the incentives to stick with you?

Why no savings for customers who renew year after year?

If a customer sees it cheaper to start again and purchase a new program from the shops you surely run the risk of losing that customer altogether?

When they get to the store and perhaps notice other well known brands on offer ?

When they go through the trouble of completely uninstalling your product and use the clean up tool etc...... maybe they might just decide to give one of the good free security programs a whirl before purchasing the new Norton program...

....... and then it seems like too much bother to go and buy the new Norton program now ..... as afterall this freebie seems to be doing ok.

Doh! ....... you just lost a customer who potentially may have renewed yearly for years to come and for several pc's!

Please at least tell me this one extra key is not £55.00 .... it just doesn't make sense ???

Liverbird

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Renewing Subscriptions on Norton 360

Bump

Could some of the staff confirm that these prices are correct/incorrect ?

Also, I noticed on the store website that current customers save up to 40% on products ? Are these prices already showing with the discount?  I see nothing about pricing and a saving price for exisintg customer ?

Surely these prices do not have 40% off them as well

Kudos0

Hi Livebird43,

The prices that you see in the Symantec Store are actual price for individual Consumer products that you can purchase directly from the Symantec Store. If you purchase directly from Symantec Store, it will be easier for you to track your order information as it is always available in the Symantec Server and also, easier to get refund. If you purchase through any other retailer or distributor, you need to contact them in order to get the refund and it will be according to their sales policies. Most of the Retailers were Sales partners for Symantec, and they will be getting the products in a much lesser price on rebate according to the number of licenses(may be in hunderds) or number of orders they place. So, when they sell the products individually through their own channels, it will be having a cost price much lesser. I think, that's the reason for the difference in price between other retail stores like Amazon.com and Symantec store.

Savings are based on estimated retail price. To qualify for Upgrades, you must be a previous owner of any Symantec Consumer product. Savings are based on estimated retail price. Upgrade rebate has already been discounted off end user price. The estimated cost of Norton 360 2.0 is $79.99 (actual price) as per the Symantec Store, and as an upgrade, you will be receiving it for $59.99. If you go for Amazon or any other retail stores, you may find it much cheaper along with their promotional offers.

Yogesh

Kudos0

Thank you for your reply Yogesh ;)

I can imagine that's the likely reason that other stores can sell the product cheaper but this doesn't really answer my query about Norton not giving incentives to curent customers to stick with them and renew subscription.

The price to renew subscription should surely be cheaper, if only by a few pounds, than the price to purchase from new? Afterall it is only a set of digits in an email?

I am also awaiting confirmation from a member of the staff here if possible .. about the cost for one more key for my product to go on a fourth computer.

Clicking on the link from within "My Account" to "Protect Additional PC's" takes me to a webpage where the price is listed at £55.00 .... for one pc, the same price quoted which gives cover for three pc's .... again, is it me or is this some sort of rip off?

It doesn't make sense and makes no "saving" as promised by Norton.

Kudos0

I have now emailed Symantec on this topic and await their response .... will post back when I get confirmation of price for 1 more licence key to protect a 4th pc (so far it comes up as the same price for licence to cover 3 pc's ...so no savings as adevertised ?)
    Kudos0

Very favourable outcome ..... I'm really pleased with Symantecs response to my query!
    Kudos0

Just seen this. I'm glad that is what you did since I composed a long message suggesting this, with links to the price for 5 PC etc and the system swallowed it. It was late so I never got it redone.

Delighted it worked out favorably for you.

Hugh
    Kudos0

Cheers huwyngr
    Kudos0

The information about renewing does seem rather confusing. If I were to just click the Renew button for my Norton 360, it will cost me in the region of £60 but, if I go to the Norton Store, It appears that I can do the same for £39.99. Digging deeper into that, the £39.99 buys me a 1 month Key for Norton 360. Apart from the prices, what is the difference between simply renewing and Buying a 12 month key for Norton 360. My subscription is due in 6 days. Please can sombody enlighten me.

Best Wishes Harry H 

Kudos1 Stats

Hi Harold,

I don't know how you found a thread from 2009 that wasn't locked, but anyway...

I and many others here always look for the cheapest deal we can find, usually that is at a retail store or reputable online store.  Renewing from within your Norton Account adds your remaining days to your new subscription, where as if you enter a new key purchased from a retail store the remaining days are replaced by your new subscription.

We recommend waiting until you only have a day or two remaining before entering a new product key.

Essentially there is no difference in the version of Norton 360.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Dave

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
    Kudos0

Hi Dave.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I think the 2009 thread found me rather than me find that!

Yes, your reply is very helpful and I take on board your comments and advice.

Many thanks for that.

'Harold' is my Sunday, Passport and 'In trouble' name!

My nickname is Harry.

From your Logo, I see that this is the second time that you have helped me within a few days.

Thanks and Best Wishes

Harry H

Kudos0

wow was it that long ago ? I just had a notification email of replies ... glad to see you have found the queries and answers helpful Harry. I'm actually still using Norton 360 on our pc's, been lucky to find Norton 360 on offer when due for renewal and last renewal was just £25.99. ( for 3 computers 1 yrs cover) 
    No need to uninstall your product if its the same one just use the key when renewing, remember to watch for the free upgrades to latest versions too.
    Best regards.

Kudos0

Harold_H wrote:

Hi Dave.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I think the 2009 thread found me rather than me find that!

Yes, your reply is very helpful and I take on board your comments and advice.

Many thanks for that.

'Harold' is my Sunday, Passport and 'In trouble' name!

My nickname is Harry.

From your Logo, I see that this is the second time that you have helped me within a few days.

Thanks and Best Wishes

Harry H

Hi Harry,

Glad to help!

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.