• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Restoring Norton Online Backup files created on PC using Norton 360 to MAC

I can login to Norton Online Backup and see my file folders and files. It fails when I try to reload a file to my Mac Pro. There is a red line in the upper right hand corner that says 81.60 GB used of 42 GB. There are four individual backups with the ID of my PC. There is one function allowed File Action/Reload Files. I tried to load a file and it failed. It is a MS Word file and I have MS Office for MAC on my computer. I have been able to load other .doc files and read them from another backup device. 

I accessed help and it says click "Add a Computer" in the upper left of the screen on the Norton Online Backup home page. I don't have an "Add a Computer" button on the screen. After that I am suppose to agree to the terms of service and download and install the MAC client. 

My Norton 360 is still in force until 4/10/2012.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Restoring Norton Online Backup files created on PC using Norton 360 to MAC

Hi

In order to backup/Restore files you've to add a specific computer to the Norton Online Backup. The NOBU client software and Norton360 are the mediums through which you can backup/Restore. So on your Mac please install the NOBU client from here and that'll add the Mac under the registered devices. And then goto the website https://nobu.backup.com/ and click file actions next to the backup set that you want to restore and select restore files and continue the process.

Kudos0

Thank you for your reply. I followed your link and was able to download the MAC client. Now when I trip to install the client I get the following message in green.

"You may not register a new computer because you do not have an active Norton Online Backup license with this account"

I have an active Norton 360 Premier license until April 10, 2012 for my PC. I also have a Product Key that I loaded. I thought that was all I needed to use the NOBC on my MAC.

Thank you.

Kudos0

Please cancel that installation and registration. Please Login to the NOBu Website and click the File Actions option next to the backup set that you want to restore and then select the Restore Files Option and then select the files that you want to Restore.

Kudos0

I originally logged into the NOBU Website and clicked the File Actions option next to the backup set that I wanted to restore and then selected the Restore Files Option and selected the files that I wanted to Restore. The reload failed.

How do I cancel the installation and registration?

Do I have to  get a new license for NOBU? There is an asterisk next to my Norton 360 Premier that is still active that says:

"* All online storage is in addition to and is shared amongst the storage related products in this account such as Norton 360 and Norton Online Backup"

It doesn't state that I have a storage amount with the Norton 360 Premier I renewed in April 2011. Is that my problem?

Thank you once again.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.