• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Safe Web icons Still Missing in Google Search, IE8, WinXPsp3, Norton 360 Premier v 20.4.0.40

The Norton 360 v 20.4.0.40 has not fixed the safe web icons in google search. 

Sadly, I still have to follow a work around solution, in this thread:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Lost-Norton-Safe-Web-icon-on-Google-search/m-p/975099#M11452.

Anyone out there have a better idea?

The safe web icons missing from Google searches is huge for my family. 

I've taught everyone to use it, and rely on Norton to let them know when a site is safe to navigate.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Safe Web icons Still Missing in Google Search, IE8, WinXPsp3, Norton 360 Premier v 20.4.0.40

The Norton 360 v 20.4.0.40 has not fixed the safe web icons in google search. 

Sadly, I still have to follow a work around solution, in this thread:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Lost-Norton-Safe-Web-icon-on-Google-search/m-p/975099#M11452.

Anyone out there have a better idea?

The safe web icons missing from Google searches is huge for my family. 

I've taught everyone to use it, and rely on Norton to let them know when a site is safe to navigate.

Kudos0

Re: Safe Web icons Still Missing in Google Search, IE8, WinXPsp3, Norton 360 Premier v 20.4.0.40

Kudos0

Same problem here.  Windows 7 SP1 IE10.  NIS2013 v 20.4.0.40

Kudos0

Hi, i have the icon missing in google search results with example: security.nl but when i type securitynl (without dot)

i see the norton icon.

same problem with norton.nl but not with nortonnl (without dot).

NIS 20.4.0.40 - win7 x64 - firefox 21.0

with IE 10 i don't see the icons at all most of the time.

Kudos0

Hi RisingSon

Enable the Norton toolbar by right clicking in the header of the browser click to get a tick for Norton tool bar, click on the small Norton icon left hand side of Norton tool bar, click enable Norton safe web, close all web pages, open a web page and it should show the Norton icons.

ATB

intesec

Kudos0

Hi There,

I'm using win7 64 with ie10 and lost my Norton "OK" about a week ago. I used yahoo and bing to search. I tried using the Google fix and still no "OK".

I just uninstalled ie10 and went back to ie9 and now get my Norton "OK" using yahoo search. I tried using Google search and after I changed the setting to "never show first result" I get the Norton "OK" . Happy days. Hope this helps someone.

Sueb 

Kudos0

Other users have reported things seem to work after running LiveUpdate recently. 

See if this helps.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Confirming as of this posting, the Safe Web icons are back to working without having to resort to the workaround .. at least with the Chrome browser.

Ed

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.