• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

SafeWEB is blocking my website - still (approved 2/2019)

My website is also having the Scam Alert popup, even though I am registered, green check marked approved, but still getting the alert. The approval was back in February and is still giving me headaches. 

"Scam Insight: Personal Information Risk - https://beachtimehomewatch.com/"

"This site is safe, but… It asks for personal information and is not well established with the Norton Community. Use caution when entering any of your information on this site."

I have been told by a few people I've conversed with after not hearing BACK from a POTENTIAL client I gave the website link to. They were concerned I was a hacker or scammer with that alert coming up.  
"Why would Norton's do that to a GOOD business, so you must not be that."     
Ugh. 

How do I get more Norton Community traffic to the website? By posting something on the forum? 

beachtimehomewatch.com has been registered with Nortons since February 2019. I have the green check mark on the google search, on the Safe Web console, and more.  But every time I go to the website, even in the wp-admin, I get the "Scam Alert - this website is safe, but..." message. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Mike @ Beach Time Home Watch in Boynton Beach, FL

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: SafeWEB is blocking my website - still (approved 2/2019)

Mike, here is how to post a screenshot directly into your posts. Its much safer than downloading than opening a pdf file.

Although I do not work for Norton. On your behalf, I submitted a security response request for Norton to pull it together with the analytics. It will take some time for the review and they didn't ask for an email for a response to be sent to. FWIW!! Users can go to the site and bypass the notification. I have done so and found the site safe. No alerts from SafeWeb, my Norton security product nor Core router. Safeweb shows green as well per my screenshot below. You can pass this information along to potentials until the scam insight has been removed.

Edited: Just went to your site and did NOT get the scam insight notification. Please try on your end, lets see if we get the same results.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos1 Stats

Kudos1 Stats

All: After bypassing the notification AND returning to the site here is the site opening WITHOUT issue.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Ya' think Norton is understating Report Issue and Continue to Site vs Exit Site

Kudos0

Thank You for submitting the issue.  It is appreciated. I just brought up the website through Chrome and after a few moments popped to the "Scam Insight: Personal Information Risk"

I have submitted 2 requests through Tech Support, being case numbers: 38972735 on June 12th and 39061707 on June 23rd.  

"Please do not worry. I will escalate the issue for you to the concerned team."
"It may take 3-4 business days to put your website into whitelist."

Kudos0

Some of my Potential Clients have received this alert and will close out the website and not return a call. When I follow up with them hours or days later, they tell me they went to someone else who doesn't get the Scam Alert when they view their website. 

It doesn't affect anyone who doesn't run Norton's, so those with Yahoo and MacAfee, or something else, it must not pop-up on their end. 

Kudos0

It does open fine after clicking Continue to Site, but most people in our Scam Infested area (SE Florida) won't "read" it's only insight and not an alert

Kudos0

With the BIG YELLOW EXIT SITE button, the client will follow the apparent RECOMMENDATION from Norton. 

Kudos0

And with the "Report Issue" button on the bottom of the page, I've done that 30, 40, or more times since February - even through to just now: 
*THANK YOU for sharing "How to Insert Image" at the first response* 

Kudos1 Stats

Beach Time:

With the BIG YELLOW EXIT SITE button, the client will follow the apparent RECOMMENDATION from Norton. 

Yeah, I don't need full page block to inform me Scam Risk - This Site is Safe but,.... without history-reputation.  I could get along with a quarter page (showing the rest of the new site page) dialog box.... informing me that "The new SITE IS SAFE ...but, is too new to have history-reputation.  Best practice is to employ discretion entering personal information".   Every new site does not need to be deemed Scam - Personal Information Risk.   That said there are many+ new scam sites created every hour.   I think full page block for new sites that ask for personal information is excessive. 

$.02

Kudos1 Stats

Beach Time:

And with the "Report Issue" button on the bottom of the page, I've done that 30, 40, or more times since February - even through to just now: 

Yeah, I've given up making Safe Web submissions.    Symantec gave up responding so, I gave up submitting. 
$.02

Kudos0

And I don't ASK for Personal information, except for a simple Contact Form plugin. Name, email, phone, & message. 

Nothing is for SALE. $$$

No info like address or even the City the client lives in is asked. 

Kudos1 Stats

Beach Time:

And I don't ASK for Personal information, except for a simple Contact Form plugin. Name, email, phone, & message. 

Personal information, refers to Personal Identifiable Information = PII.

The abbreviation PII is widely accepted in the United States, but the phrase it abbreviates has four common variants based on personal / personally, and identifiable / identifying. Not all are equivalent, and for legal purposes the effective definitions vary depending on the jurisdiction and the purposes for which the term is being used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_data 

Name, email and phone are PII.  
Regards w Respect

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Hello Beach Time

I will contact the Safe Web Team about this issue.

Please stay tuned to this thread for a response from the Safe Web Team on Monday night after midnight EDT.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

Hello Beach Time

We have manually analysed 'beachtimehomewatch.com' and found it to be clean. We have added it to ScamInsight whitelist. It should reflect in a few hours. 

Cops

Kudos0

Console_Ops – thank you for taking the time to go through the site manually, analyzing it, finding it clean (whew), and placing it on the whitelist.

Kudos0

Thank You !! 

Kudos3 Stats

SoulAsylum – Thank You for the insight and link to posting Screenshots to the Forum.

Norton Fighter – Thank You for your input and thoughts on the product and process.

bjm_ - Your information/recommendation on not needing a full-page-block for an informational notice is great. And noting, reassuring me, when you had noticed the SafeWeb submissions were going nowhere. I thought it was me.  AND the insight, information on (P.I.I.) with a website.  I didn’t know it was that definitive to a contact form.

floplot – Wow! You Rock! Knowing who to go to with the issue and having a remedy within 2-hours. Thank you for the assist and recovery from my peril.

Console_Ops – thank you for taking the time to go through the site manually, analyzing it, finding it clean (whew), and placing it on the whitelist.

All – with your insight, knowledge, and experiences, my 5-month turmoil has come to an end.
I checked the website this morning directly, through the pages, and through the WP-Admin = all clean without any pop-up.

I feel redeemed.

*To anyone with a Norton Issue and you are getting frustrated and at your wit's end, post your issue on the Forum. Be nice, be clean, don’t bring frustration and anger through the keyboard. Listen, Learn, expand, and correct what is necessary. You will succeed.

PEACE & Be Safe out there.

Kudos0

Hello Beach Time

Good Luck with your website. It is now Green OK. Thanks for the compliment. Since your issue is solved, could you please pick out the post which solved the issue for you and mark that post as the Solution for the Thread? To do that just click on Mark As Solution located on the bottom of the post.

Could you also fill out the Forum Feedback located on the Right side of the page.? It looks like this.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.