• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos19 Stats

Satisfied With Norton 2012 - Thank You Symantec

I just wanted to take a moment to tell Symantec that I have had very few problems with Norton Internet Security 2012 and I think the product is great.

I have seen a lot of negative feedback on these forums regarding the new product, and I know that this must be disheartening to all the employees here who worked very hard to produce this software for everyone to use.

I completely respect the opinions of those who are having issues, and I do not doubt their judgment.

However, I think it's important for the prospective buyers, the employees of this company, and others who read this forum to know that there ARE people who are satisfied with this product and who are not getting error messages and bugs throughout the experience.

I hope that Symantec addresses the issues some people are having, but the product is great.  Please keep up the hard work at protecting our computers!

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (SP1) - Mozilla Firefox 7.x - Norton Internet Security 2012Norton Anti-Theft 1.0 - Norton Utilities 15 - Norton Online Backup (100 gb)

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Satisfied With Norton 2012 - Thank You Symantec

I just wanted to take a moment to tell Symantec that I have had very few problems with Norton Internet Security 2012 and I think the product is great.

I have seen a lot of negative feedback on these forums regarding the new product, and I know that this must be disheartening to all the employees here who worked very hard to produce this software for everyone to use.

I completely respect the opinions of those who are having issues, and I do not doubt their judgment.

However, I think it's important for the prospective buyers, the employees of this company, and others who read this forum to know that there ARE people who are satisfied with this product and who are not getting error messages and bugs throughout the experience.

I hope that Symantec addresses the issues some people are having, but the product is great.  Please keep up the hard work at protecting our computers!

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (SP1) - Mozilla Firefox 7.x - Norton Internet Security 2012Norton Anti-Theft 1.0 - Norton Utilities 15 - Norton Online Backup (100 gb)
Kudos1 Stats

Hello eric3312

Thank you very much for taking the time to type out such a nice Thank you to Symantec.  Every word you have typed out is so very true. I'm sure that every one will be pleased to read your post here.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos10 Stats

Additional thanks -- Also satisfied with NIS 2012 and no issues over two weeks I have two active computers one Windows 7 pro 64bit running XPmode (also running NIS 2012) the other is a lap-top with Windows 7 64bit home premium.

Both were updated by the "install over 2011" method and all settings stayed where they were, the identity safes transferred without incident also.

The software seems still very light and allows fast "surfing", the increased intensity of quick scans has not been an issue for me (more re-assuring actually with the understanding of the reasons) full scans ran automatically with no issues.

I also would like to note and applaud the seemingly increased activity (just my observation/opinion) of the Norton staff this year on the forum.

I wish to also thank Symantec for their continued efforts --- Bill

Windows 10 pro SP1 64bit
Kudos1 Stats

Yep. I'll add my 20 cents worth, here. As I said in a previous post, it seems that the best way to avoid problems is to start with a clean OS, and then uninstall previous version, and do a FRESH install of 2012, from the Norton site.

This is what I did, and I have had NO operating poblems, whatsoever. If you've had problems, I think there's a good chance that there's an OS problem somewhere, not a problem with Norton. Persist with the program, and make sure it's up to date, and you'll be glad you did...... 

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos1 Stats

I agree with you on that.  I think a lot of people just need a clean start.

Kudos1 Stats

It would be easy for those reading the forums to get a poor impression of the software but it has to be remembered that only people with issues are likely to post. The millions more who have no problems will most likely stay silent.

Kudos0

HI eric3312,

I would also like to say Thank You for taking the time to post this. It is quite refreshing to see someone who is not having problems take the time to post and say Thank you.

Best of wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos2 Stats

Hi eric3312

And a thankyou from me too ....It's a pleasure to see a glimmer of positivity when there are negative issues coming to the fore ! 

Long time computer users have seen all this before as it is a common occurence when a fresh build is launched !

Those of us who are not having the problems that many users are facing , are fully aware of the concerns and fully understand the annoyance that some users are expressing .

That is why the Symantec employees and the community members give their time to try "iron out the wrinkles " and provide help and advice to address those concerns

Because hardware and software incompatibilities are so globally variable..I take my hat off to any and all companies who provide the means to allow us the privelege of accessing the web and may I add....provide us with the " means and help to do it in relative safety " !

Treading on new ground has always carried the "Here be Dragons " warning ...So let's all carry on "pulling together " to allow everyone to carry on safely ! Your appreciative attitude is refreshing eric ...Thanks again

Windows7 SP1....Norton NIS 2012 ...4Gb RAM ..Momentus XT SolidState HybridHDDocendo discimus ( Teach in order to learn)
Kudos4 Stats

A thank you from me too!

I think what most people initially don't realize is that such applications like NAV or NIS work at a very deep level in the OS. Therefore the user needs to have his/her machine in proper condition before trying to attempt an install, preferably having a complete and very recent system image available. What's proper condition you ask? The OS working flawlessly to start with and in Event Viewer : no error messages, no warnings and of course no critical entries. And that's just to start with. Taking the machine to this level takes some time and initiative on the users part, but my experience is that it's worth it for the full 100 percent in many respects.  I know this procedure may not be for the average user, but spending some time on this and/or getting help to achieve this goal makes a far more comfortable entry point to start from and build upon.

Like has been mentioned by others: the thousands of people running NIS or NAV and having no problems don't post here. Why not? They simply don't have any problems to post and are enjoying their machines and NIS/NAV.

And what about this:
- a friendly forum with many, many members willing to help others in their spare time, supported by Symantec personel who actually listen and help here too whenever they can,
- a thorough and working chat procedure in place 24h a day/365d a year, which we all can testify it really works and has solved many problems,
- a 60 day refund policy for the product,

... and shall I go on raving ? Nah, I think 'nuff said'.

Am I paid for this by Symantec or anyone else for that matter? I wish I would but that's not the case.

To the Symantec folks I would say Thank you very much and Keep up the good works please. To the members of this community I would say Thank you and hats off to you for being here, helping out and willing to listen and being persistent in trying to solve other ones problems. You know who you are!

Kudos0

I knew there HAD to be some others who were enjoying the program that would come out of the woodworks!  Thanks guys!

Kudos3 Stats

Thaks for posting this, its always good to hear good/great about a product like Norton Internet Security 2012.

Its a good product and i have had only minor problems, but i solved it my self, and now it works very good on my two computers.

Norton Internet Security 2012 is a good product no dout about it.

Keep up the good work Symantec.

Kudos1 Stats

Have to add my delight with NIS2012 too.

NIS is a great example of continuous improvement over the years/versions.  Terrific interface, with amazingly intelligent defaults & prior-parameter pickups making it usable "out of the box" for the nontechnical yet permitting micro-fine control for the power user.  Surprisingly low overhead - the thing has not bloated beyond utility like so many other programs. Amazing that it meshes so well with my off-the-wall pseudo-WAN setup.  Outstanding tech service over the years where rare botches have occurred.

/Diatom

Kudos0

I haven't upgraded to Norton AV 2012, yet, as I like to wait awhile after a program is released.

Reading the posts, I see every single person (it seems) has NIS!  I haven't seen anyone with JUST Norton AV 2012.

I'm ready to upgrade, but saw something about "starting from scratch with a clean OS"??!  Did I read that correctly?  LOL

I love my Norton AV 2011, btw.  I'd appreciate any feedback as to satisfaction with the Norton AV 2012 (not NIS).

Am running an older computer, but I keep it clean and maintained.  I have XP, svc pk 3 desktop.  Would appreciate hearing feedback before I upgrade.

Thanks and SO happy to have found this place. It's awesome to see people volunteer their time to help others!

Kudos2 Stats

A thread like this is refreshing and brought a little sunshine to my day!

Donna3154, there are a few issues being worked on by Symantec with 2012. Since you have NAV you would not be affected by the ID safe issues but there are in all honesty a couple of issues such as Quick scans causing some computer systems to have problems. Since you have XP I'm guessing your computer is probably not one of the faster ones. I'm thinking it might be better to hold off a bit on upgrading to NAV 2012 until a few issues such as the scan issue I mentioned are ironed out by Symantec.

The following thread is tracking the known issues with 2012. Note that some only apply to NIS but others apply equally to NAV.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Known-Issues-with-NIS-19-1/m-p/533014

This thread should be updated as isues start getting resolved. In the meantime I think you are fine on 2011.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

Thank you, Allen, for the rapid repsonse!

I've bookmarked and will continue to follow this.

I can't express enough how awesome it is that people volunteer their time to help others!  It was sheer luck that brought me here tonight and I'm glad I found this site!  It's absolutely a must for others with problems big or small with their computers.

I absolutely love my Norton AV 2011, so I'll wait and keep track of the progress.

All the best, Donna

Kudos0

Hi donna3154,

If you wish you can also subscribe to the thread tracking the known issues with Norton 2012. If you do this you will automatically get an email to your registered email address when there is an update to the thread. The following post explains how to do this.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Forum-Tip-Never-Miss-a-Reply-to-Your-Issue/m-p/254483/message-uid/254483#U254483

Best of wishes.

Allen

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.