• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Seamonkey 2.12 update

Anybody else getting Seamonkey tagged when running the update? .. luckily it's not my default browser but I'd still like to use it. When I tried installing it, the setup.exe found bloodhound.sonar.9 and was removed, and also quarantined nssckbi.dll and freebl3.dll with a suspicious.cloud.7.f threat. I assume these are false positives as I'd always been using Seamonkey with no problems and have always downloaded updates from the safe filehippo.com site. For now I just went ahead and uninstalled Seamonkey entirely. Anybody else have this same problem?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Seamonkey 2.12 update

Sep. 10, 2012 - tried to install latest Sea Monkey update but it was blocked by Norton Internet Security with Antispyware - something about a "cloud" issue.

Kudos0

Cool, then I'm not the only one.. so it's looking to me like a false positive.

paul11pro wrote:

Sep. 10, 2012 - tried to install latest Sea Monkey update but it was blocked by Norton Internet Security with Antispyware - something about a "cloud" issue.

Kudos0

Hello all,

Can you please submit the files to Symantec at http://www.Norton.com/fp

Thanks!

Vineeth

Kudos0

i have the same iss with Musicbee.  I'm sure its the same "cloud" problem

Kudos0

Are you guys still having this problem? I was just unable to reproduce it with a new SeaMonkey v2.12.0 installation in an old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine (256 MB of RAM) with the latest, LiveUpdated Norton Internet Security 2013.

Kudos0

Mozilla Firefox new update 16.0.1 installed successfully today - Oct. 13, 2012

The new Sea Monkey update 2.13.1 did not due to Norton Suspicious Cloud 7.F - Oct. 13, 2012

Kudos0

paul11pro wrote:

Mozilla Firefox new update 16.0.1 installed successfully today - Oct. 13, 2012

The new Sea Monkey update 2.13.1 did not due to Norton Suspicious Cloud 7.F - Oct. 13, 2012

I just updated mine to v2.13.1, and had no problems. However, it was just released so this file is very new and unknown.

Kudos1 Stats

I just installed Seamonkey 2.13.1 and it worked now. :) .. thanks for fixing this problem!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.