• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Second copy of NIS 2009

I have the three PC license of NIS 2009, and I only have it on one PC.  I now have a second PC and would like to put NIS 2009 in it also.  I don't plan to put that PC on the internet, it will just be a stand alone PC.  Do I have to download the trial copy and then enter my key or is there a way I can download NIS 2009 to a CD and then use that CD to install on my second PC?  I understand that I won't be getting any of the definitions, I just want to make sure that PC is clean for the first time I start using it.  It was a used PC.  

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Second copy of NIS 2009

I have the three PC license of NIS 2009, and I only have it on one PC.  I now have a second PC and would like to put NIS 2009 in it also.  I don't plan to put that PC on the internet, it will just be a stand alone PC.  Do I have to download the trial copy and then enter my key or is there a way I can download NIS 2009 to a CD and then use that CD to install on my second PC?  I understand that I won't be getting any of the definitions, I just want to make sure that PC is clean for the first time I start using it.  It was a used PC.  

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

While you should be able to download the trial package and burn that to a CD, you will not be able to activate it without the internet.  It is the recognition of the activation key by Symantec that authenticates the installation.
Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

Hoped you wouldn't say something like that...  Oh well, maybe it's time to learn about setting up a wireless or wired network.

Kudos0

I went through the same thing.  My ISP made it so easy, I wish I had done it sooner.  They sent me a free wireless router, and assisted with the setup.  Works like clockwork. 
Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.