• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Some bugs in NIS 2011 English (Not beta).

My system is Windows Vista x86.

I installed it since Aug.28, and I found two bugs.

1. Idle Full System Scan never run.

Since I installed NIS 2011, it never run until today I click "play" in Norton Tasks.

(I had already ture on Idle time scans in settings.)

And  if I don't use my PC for long tims, NIS 2011 never run Idle works in Idle time as previous beta or NIS 2010.

(I had set Idle time out as 5 mins.)

I think it's a bug.

2. Norton Community Watch not run.

It just run one time, the tims is I just installed it on Aug.28, then it's never run.

Even I click "Play" in Norton Tasks, it still run about 3 mins, but sent nothing.

Now my Norton Community Watch is 22 pages, but it only sent some files at the first previous page. 

NIS 2010 and NIS 2011 beta don't have the problem, so I think it's a bug, too.

To Symantec Engineers:

If you want, I can send the logs to you to fix it.

(But you must tell me how to do.)

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Some bugs in NIS 2011 English (Not beta).

Since I installed NIS 2011, it never run until today I click "play" in Norton Tasks.

(I had already ture on Idle time scans in settings.)

And  if I don't use my PC for long tims, NIS 2011 never run Idle works in Idle time as previous beta or NIS 2010.

(I had set Idle time out as 5 mins.)

I think it's a bug.

2. Norton Community Watch not run.

It just run one time, the tims is I just installed it on Aug.28, then it's never run.

Even I click "Play" in Norton Tasks, it still run about 3 mins, but sent nothing.

Now my Norton Community Watch is 22 pages, but it only sent some files at the first previous page. 

NIS 2010 and NIS 2011 beta don't have the problem, so I think it's a bug, too.

To Symantec Engineers:

If you want, I can send the logs to you to fix it.

(But you must tell me how to do.)

Kudos0

Both those things work fine on my NIS 2011.

Kudos0

ONE wrote:

Hi ONE

The idle full scan will run 7 days after installation.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

Yep - mine ran when I was asleep this night.

Kudos0

I had tried to wait for some days.

But it still not work, NCW stopped on Aug 29., then send nothing since the day.

Kudos0

It still happened now.

Norton Community Watch just can run 1~3 minutes once time.

And you click Norton Task and let Norton Community Watch run.

It's the same, it just work 1~3 minutes, almost all samples are pending, even it already in the list more than 20 days.

It's not happened in previous version.

In previous version, if I click Norton Task and let Norton Community Watch, Norton Community Watch will send all the sample in the list.

I wish you can fix it as previous version.

Kudos0

Hi ONE:

Did you re-load an image after testing the beta, or did you install 2011 over top.  There have been some issues as a result of that.  It may come down to a complete removal and a clean re-install.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

delphinium wrote:

Hi ONE:

Did you re-load an image after testing the beta, or did you install 2011 over top.  There have been some issues as a result of that.  It may come down to a complete removal and a clean re-install.

I have restored my windows, than just install the version 2011

no beta.

I think it's happened not just on my pc.

Kudos0

ONE:

Are you getting regular pulse updates, and is liveupdate running correctly?

Are you behind a proxy?  It almost sounds as though something is blocking Norton from connecting to find out when it is supposed to run, which might be a time synch problem, or to forward the CW info.

These aren't bugs in the program.  Something is stopping it from doing what it is supposed to do.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

delphinium wrote:

ONE:

Are you getting regular pulse updates, and is liveupdate running correctly?

Are you behind a proxy?  It almost sounds as though something is blocking Norton from connecting to find out when it is supposed to run, which might be a time synch problem, or to forward the CW info.

These aren't bugs in the program.  Something is stopping it from doing what it is supposed to do.

Yes, all other features are as normal.

I don't use proxy.

Kudos0

Have you checked your router, if you have one, for time synch and to ensure that all Norton components can get through it.  Have you reset your router since reinstalling Norton?

Kudos0

delphinium wrote:

Have you checked your router, if you have one, for time synch and to ensure that all Norton components can get through it.  Have you reset your router since reinstalling Norton?

All of them are ok.

Kudos0

Have you tried One Click support?  It will scan your system, and may advise what needs to be done to correct the situation.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi ONE,

Have you tried bypassing your router for a test?

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.