• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

Some more executables from STEAM that seem to be triggering Norton 360.

Hello once again,

Recently perusing through my Norton security logs and found that N360 was picking up on a couple of more STEAM entries:

C:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the leisure of grisaia\grisaiaano1.exe

Removed

C:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\princess evangile\Evangile.exe

Removed

Norton picked these up as Heur.AdvML.B.  This time, I did not do the extra step of submitting these samples directly to Symantec (like I did with Lucy, The Eternity She Wished For).  I guess I’m going on trust that they are safe, hopefully.  I temporarily quenched my Norton program, re-downloaded the exe’s for the abovementioned, then, created a series of exclusions in the Norton program so that they would not be picked up again. 

Sincerely,

H.B. 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Some more executables from STEAM that seem to be triggering Norton 360.

What I have also noticed is that, say the developer of the game releases an update - - then, the ruthless cycle begins again.  I believe someone on the STEAM forum explained that (at least with one of the updates, possibly for Lucy) the exe had been modified to a place where it re-triggered Norton.   

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.